Institutional Review Board (IRB): Training Presentations and Educational Resources
- Animal Research
- Biohazards and Lab Safety
- Clinical Trial Billing
- Conflict of Interest
- Core Research Services
- Grants and Funding
- Intellectual Property
- Links to Research Programs
- News + Events
- Quick Links
- Recombinant DNA
- Annual Research Celebration
- Responsible Conduct of Research
- Research Protection Office
- Process for the Committee Review of New Applications
- Human Subject Research (IRB): Good Clinical Practice
- Investigator Tool Box
- Human Subject Research (IRB): Instructions for Human Subjects Committee Forms
- Mandatory Education Requirements
- Data and Subject Safety Monitoring (DSM)
- Research Administration Compliance:Research Study Document/Regulatory Binder
- GCP Guidance Information and Sample Forms
- Institutional Review Board (IRB): Training Presentations and Educational Resources
- HIPAA Policies, Information and Training
- Research Protection Office for IRB Submission Instructions
- Investigator Tool Box
- Research Administration Training
We would like to thank you for making our training efforts a success. For 2008/2009 we are planning to hold information/education sessions twice a month. We welcome your participation at one of our new Training/Education sessions:
Members of the Lifespan research community responded favorably to the IRB training sessions that were held this past spring, but many people were not able to attend all of the sessions. Since it is often difficult for researchers to schedule time away from the office for training, the IRB office offers informational sessions on Tuesday mornings twice a month. These sessions are optional, and are offered as a service to the research community. The sessions will begin at 9AM in the Aldrich 5 conference room. Reservations are not required for these sessions. Please call Deb Temple at 444-5843 for current dates for these sessions. Be sure to tell Deb if you have a particular topic you would like to have presented.
Below are (7) individual IRB power point presentations for your review.
Please note: This room is accessible for conference calling for anyone unable to attend in person. Please contact us in advance for conference call assistance.
One-on-one training and/or assistance will be available immediately following each session by the ORA staff. COME AND ASK YOUR QUESTIONS. If you are unavailable to attend a session, but have questions, please contact either Patricia Houser, (401) 444-2099; Jacqui Poore 444-5843; Adrienne McParlin 444-3527; or Dawn Roux 444-7547 for assistance.
IRB General Information and Processes
- What is the role of the IRB?
- What is the informed consent process?
- What is the process for new and continuing IRB review?
- What is the process to make changes to the protocol?
- What is the role of the PI and their staff?
- How to Report Unanticipated Problems Including Adverse events
- What is GCP?
- A short IRB training course for new personnel
- Obtaining Informed Consent Guidance
- Obtaining Informed Consent from Subjects Who Do Not Speak English (Process for Using Short form Consent)
Form Specific Training Slides
- Training Slides for Completing the New Application form
- Training Slides for Completing Appendix 1 (Vulernable Subjects)
- Training Slides for Completing Appendix 2 (Alterations to the Consent process)
- Training Slides for Completing Continuing Review (Progress Reports)
- Training Slides for Completing the Request for Revision and Deviation Report forms)