Find a Doctor Disclaimer
“Find a Doctor” is operated by Lifespan and includes all physicians who are on the medical staffs of Lifespan-affiliated hospitals, without any charge to them. Selection is based upon your needs and preferences. Search results will first present, in alphabetical order, physicians employed or contracted with Lifespan or its affiliates, followed by an alphabetical listing of physicians who are in Lifespan’s network of affiliated providers. At the end of that initial list, you can access an alphabetical listing of community physicians with privileges at Lifespan hospitals. All physicians in Find a Doctor have the opportunity to have a picture or video posted on the site. Neither the order of physicians, nor the presence or absence of a photo or video, in Find a Doctor is intended to reflect any preference, priority, or recommendation by Lifespan. Find a Doctor search results are also not based on the volume or value of referrals to Lifespan or its affiliates from any listed physician. Users are free to select their physician of choice from among all Lifespan-affiliated medical staff physicians.
Abbe L. Garcia, PhD
Director, Pediatric Anxiety Research Clinic, and Clinical Director, Intensive Program for OCD, Bradley Hospital
Abbe Garcia, PhD is director of the Pediatric Anxiety Research Center (PARC) and clinical director of Bradley Hospital’s Intensive Program for OCD. Dr. Garcia is also an assistant professor (research) of psychiatry and human behavior at The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University.
Dr. Garcia received a BA in psychology from Williams College and completed her graduate training at Temple University. She also completed a predoctoral internship in the clinical psychology training program, and she was a postdoctoral fellow in child and pediatric psychology, both at The Warren Alpert Medical School at Brown University.
Garcia’s research interests are connected to quality improvement efforts in the Intensive Program for OCD. She is interested in using objective measures of outcome to demonstrate clinical changes and in using these data to guide further development of the treatment approach used in this program.
- Post Graduate: Temple University School of Medicine
- Internship: The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University
- Fellowship: The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University
- Garcia, A.M., Freeman, J.B., Himle,. M., Berman, N.C., Ogata, A.K., Ng, J.S., Choate-Summers, M., Leonard, H.L. (2009). Phenomenology of early onset obsessive compulsive disorder, Journal of Psychopathology and Behavioral Assessment, 31 (2), 104-111.
- Flessner, C.A., Berman, N.C., Garcia, A.M, Freeman, J.B., Leonard, H.L. (2009). Symptom profiles on pediatric obsessive compulsive disorder: The effects of comorbid grooming conditions. Journal of Anxiety Disorders, 23(6), 753-759.
- Freeman, J. Choate-Summers, M., Garcia, A., Moore, P., Sapayta, J., Khanna, M., March, J., Foa, E., Franklin, M. (2009). The Pediatric Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder Treatment Study II: Rationale, Design and Methods. Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Mental Health, 3(1):4.
- Garcia, A.M. (2010). What does “work” mean? Reopening the debate about clinical significance. Clinical Psychology: Science & Practice, 17(1), 48-51.
- Flessner, C.A., Allgair, A., Garcia, A., Freeman, J, Sapayta, J., Franklin, M.E., Foa, E., March, J. (2010). The impact of neuropsychological functioning on treatment outcome in pediatric Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder, Depression and Anxiety, 27(4), 365-371.
- Chorney, J.M., Garcia, A.M., Berlin, K.S., Bakeman, R., Kain, Z.N. (2010). Time-window sequential analysis: An introduction for pediatric psychologists, Journal of Pediatric Psychology, 35(10), 1061-70.
- Garcia, A.M., Sapyta, J., Moore, P.S., Freeman, J., Franklin, M., March, J.S., Foa, E.B. (2010). Predictors of treatment outcome in the Pediatric OCD Treatment Study, Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, 49(10), 1024-1033.
- Flessner, C.A., Sapyta, J., Garcia, A., Freeman, J.B., Franklin, M.E., Foa, E., & March, J. (2011). Examining the Psychometric Properties of the Family Accommodation Scale-Parent-Report (FAS-PR). Journal of Psychopathology and Behavioral Assessment, 33, 38-46.
- Freeman, J.B., Flessner, C.A., Garcia, A.M. (in press) The Children's Yale-Brown Obsessive Compulsive Scale: Reliability and Validity for Use Among 5 to 8 Year Olds with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder. Journal of Abnormal Child Psychology.
- Freeman, J.B., Franklin, M., Garcia, A.M., Sapayta, J., March, J.M. (in press). Still Struggling: Characteristics of Youth with OCD who are Partial Responders to Medication Treatment. Child Psychiatry and Human Development.