Loss Prevention Grant Fund Application Process and Instructions
The Loss Prevention Grant Fund was created to support innovative efforts to reduce liability exposure through funding of specific education/research projects that can be shared systemwide. The grant request under this program must result in Loss Prevention benefits related to professional liability (malpractice), general liability issues, or patient safety efforts. Application for this grant is open to all Lifespan employees and eligible affiliated physicians.
Loss Prevention Grant Fund Awards are available for a total of $125,000 for all grants funded in Fiscal Year 2021. Programs funded by this grant are usually short-term and relatively small in scope.
Preliminary applications must include the following information:
- Name/email/phone number of principal investigator
- Introduction/definition of the problem
- Project description: an abstract of 150 words or less
- Anticipated outcome (including an identifiable loss prevention benefit)
- Statement of how this grant project will enhance patient safety and reduce professional and/or general liability exposures to the organization.
- Budget (broad categories of estimated expenses): capital purchases are not permitted.
Additional information required:
Not required but recommended:
- Letters of support – which should be addressed to Marsha Haverly, director, loss prevention
The Senior Leadership Acknowledgement Form and letters of support should be forwarded by email to Valerie Till at firstname.lastname@example.org, interoffice mail to Valerie Till, 245 Chapman St., Suite 200 or faxed to 401-444-8963,
- Loss Prevention Program director, Marsha Haverly, by email at MHaverly@lifespan.org or phone at 401-444-2018, or
- Loss Prevention Clinical Underwriting Specialist Karen Joost, by email at email@example.com or phone at 401-444-8251 or 401-287-2858.