Speak for Yourself
When you understand your rights and your choices, you will be better prepared to participate in making medically appropriate decisions about your health care.
- Some terms you need to understand
- Your rights as a patient
- What your doctor can and can't do
- About advance directives
- Making difficult decisions
If you have any questions, speak with your doctor, or call the hospital ethics committee, social work department, patient representatives department or clergy. Any of these representatives will be very willing to assist you.
The information in this section is extracted from the "Speak for Yourself" brochure, which is given to patients when they are admitted to a Lifespan hospital.
- Patients and Visitors
- General Discharge Information
- Guidelines for Visitors and Families
- Safety Tips for Patients and Visitors
- Lifespan Interpreter Services
- MyLifespan Health Record Sign Up
- Lifespan Telehealth
- Insurance, Billing and Financial Assistance
- Request Medical Records
- Ethics and Patient Rights
- Spiritual Care Department