Interventional Cardiology at the Lifespan Cardiovascular Institute
Contact Interventional Cardiology
For more information or to refer a patient, please call 401-606-1004 or visit cviri.org
We use interventional procedures in both emergency and elective cases. Many patients who undergo interventional cardiology procedures can be discharged the same day.
Our specialists perform:
- Diagnosis and medical treatment of patients who have cardiac and vascular disease
- Interpretation of noninvasive cardiac and vascular studies (such as ultrasound, CT, MR, PET)
- Invasive cardiac and vascular diagnostic procedures
- Routine and complex percutaneous (catheter-based) interventions, including in cases of chronic total blockage
- Vascular intervention for peripheral artery disease in patients with claudication (exercise-induced leg pain due to impeded circulation), critical limb ischemia (inadequate blood supply), and acute limb ischemia
- Vascular intervention and catheter-directed therapies for clots in blood vessels or the lungs
- Endovascular aortic repair, a minimally invasive, catheter-based technique used to prevent a patient’s abdominal aortic aneurysm from rupturing.
- Transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR), a nonsurgical aortic valve replacement to treat severe aortic stenosis
- Transcatheter mitral valve repair with the MitraClip device
- Catheter-based patent foramen ovale closure
- Left atrial appendage closure with the WATCHMAN device.