Giving to Bradley Hospital
Every day we treat hundreds of children, adolescents and families who rely on Bradley Hospital for the very best care available. And every day, we rely on the generosity of people like you to help ensure our vital work continues. Support from our community is the cornerstone of everything we do.
Every gift, no matter the size, makes an important difference. It is an investment in the future of pediatric mental health and our mission of healing the hearts and minds of children and families throughout our region and beyond. Please join us!
Give by Mail, Phone, or Online
Please send your check donation to the following address, along with a note detailing what type of gift you are giving:
Bradley Hospital Foundation
PO Box H
Providence, RI 02901
You may also call Anne Morton Smith, chief development officer at 401-432-1451 to discuss making a gift.
Consider making an online gift using our online donation form. All transactions are safe and secure.
How The CARES Act Impacts Charitable Giving
This recently passed law includes several provisions to encourage charitable giving including:
- A new deduction for donors who do not itemize when filing their tax returns. If you do not itemize but make a cash gift to qualified charities like Bradley Hospital, you will be allowed to deduct up to $300 to potentially reduce your tax liability.
- An increase in the charitable deduction limit up to 100% of a donor’s adjusted gross income for gifts. Previously, the deduction was capped at 60% of annual income. If you make a gift to support Bradley Hospital you may be able to deduct more this year than in previous years.
The Dr. Christopher Benedick Adopt a Family Program has operated annually since Dr. Benedick’s passing in 2004 and has benefitted hundreds of needy families. Given the economic hardship faced by many of our patients and their families, we hope you will join the Bradley Hospital Department of Social Work in a special fundraising effort to help us provide families with basic necessities as well as gift cards to empower them to do their own holiday shopping.
More Ways to Give
If a Broker Holds Your Securities
Please give them this information:
Bradley Hospital Foundation's brokerage account is with State Street Bank & Trust Co., Boston. Brokers who have questions may contact Victoria Aguiar, our account representative, at 617-664-9869. When sending securities, please reference the following information:
- The Lifespan account number is LM1E
- The DTC code (direct deposit number) is 997
- The Agent Bank number is 26022
- Specify the donation is for Bradley Hospital Foundation "In Care of Lifespan Corporation"
- Specify any details associated with the gift (restriction to a specific area or fund, a specific fund name or number, is it associated with an event, is it for a payment on an existing pledge)
If you are donating securities, kindly inform the Development Office to make sure your gift is properly received, credited and receipted. Please contact Juliann Sousa, Chief Business Management Officer, Development, at 401-444-6500; by fax at 401-444-8235; or by emailing all of the following: Juliann Sousa at email@example.com, Erin Aldcroft at firstname.lastname@example.org, Arminda Goncalves at email@example.com, and Teresa Frias at teresa.frias@Lifespan.org.
If You Hold the Securities
Send the unendorsed securities by registered mail to:
Bradley Hospital Foundation
PO Box H
Providence, RI 02901-9979
In a separate envelope to the same address, send a letter stating your desire to donate the securities (giving the company name and number of shares of each) to the Foundation along with a stock power form and a Third Party Release form.
The above instructions are required by most fund managers as well as our broker, but please check with your manager as they may have additional requirements to enact the transfer of your charitable donations of shares.
AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to support Bradley Hospital every time you shop, at no cost to you. When you shop at smile.amazon.com, you’ll find the exact same low prices, vast selection and convenient shopping experience as Amazon.com, with the added bonus that Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase price to Bradley Hospital.
A Beautiful Line of Jewelry Benefitting Bradley Hospital. Our friends at CA Gift have launched a beautiful new line of jewelry called In the Spirit of Love, available now on Amazon.com. Layered in sterling silver, pendants feature a variety of symbols including a dove, an anchor, a Celtic knot, religious symbols and more, and come gift boxed with a special quote card. For each pendant sold, a gift is made to Bradley Hospital.
Make your Amazon purchase go further for Bradley Hospital by shopping through smile.amazon.com and choosing Bradley Hospital Foundation as your charity of choice!
The John Peterson Memorial Fund has been established to pay tribute to a numbers man with an enormous heart. Proceeds benefit the Healing Arts programs at Bradley and Rhode Island Hospitals. We hope you will honor his memory with your generous support at either affiliate.
Drawing of John Peterson by Melissa J. Weaver, LMHC, ATR-BC, art therapist
1. GO TO: https://www.facebook.com/BradleyHospital
2. CLICK: CREATE under Fundraisers
3. FOLLOW THE PROMPTS to set up your fundraiser and you’re done. Thank you! Then share with your friends and watch the dollars and support come in.