- COVID-19 Safety
- Our Services
- Meet the Team
- Patient Stories
- Cardiovascular Research
- Lifespan Cardiovascular Institute Awards and Certifications
- Are You at Risk for Heart Disease?
- Schedule an Appointment at the Lifespan Cardiovascular Institute
- Reduce Your Risk of a Heart Attack or Heart Failure
- Heart Health and Exercise
- What Are the Symptoms of a Heart Attack?
- Best Heart Health Foods
Are You at Risk for Heart Disease?
Coronary artery disease (CAD) is the most common type of heart disease. This occurs when the arteries that bring blood to the heart muscle (coronary arteries) become hardened and narrowed because of a buildup of plaque. Some factors that make you more likely to develop heart disease are not preventable, like age, family history, and diabetes. Take the quiz below to test your knowledge of CAD and other forms of heart disease.