- COVID-19 Safety
- Our Services
- Meet the Team
- Patient Stories
- Cardiovascular Research
- Lifespan Cardiovascular Institute Awards and Certifications
- Are You at Risk for Heart Disease?
- Schedule an Appointment at the Lifespan Cardiovascular Institute
- Reduce Your Risk of a Heart Attack or Heart Failure
- Heart Health and Exercise
- What Are the Symptoms of a Heart Attack?
- Best Heart Health Foods
- Giving to the Lifespan Cardiovascular Institute
Our researchers are at the absolute forefront of cutting-edge cardiac research, much of it translational research, which brings new discoveries and treatments directly from the lab to the patient. Our eligible patients are frequently offered the opportunity to participate in clinical research, giving them access to the newest treatments and allowing for state-of-the-art care.
We have one of the best-funded cardiac surgery research programs in the country, working in areas of blood vessel regulation, myocardial protection and regenerative therapies for the treatment of patients who are not candidates for traditional surgical or medical therapies.
As leading teaching hospitals of The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University, our hospitals have active cardiology fellowship training programs and serve as on-site training facilities for medical students, residents and fellows. Our fellowship training programs have provided Rhode Island and the region highly trained cardiologists for more than 30 years.
Research is currently being conducted to learn more about cardiovascular disease and how it affects our patients.