- COVID-19 Safety
- Our Services
- Meet the Team
- Patient Stories
- Cardiovascular Research
- Lifespan Cardiovascular Institute Awards and Certifications
- Are You at Risk for Heart Disease?
- Schedule an Appointment at the Lifespan Cardiovascular Institute
- Reduce Your Risk of a Heart Attack or Heart Failure
- Heart Health and Exercise
- What Are the Symptoms of a Heart Attack?
- Best Heart Health Foods
Secret Trial Patient
This study is for subjects who are hospitalized for worsening heart failure. The study will consist of screening and randomization within 36 hours of hospitalization; assessments at 8, 16, 24, 48 hours and daily thereafter while hospitalized up to day 7. Subjects will be randomized into two groups to receive once daily, placebo or Tolvaptan 30 mg during hospitalization (maximum of 7 days). All subjects will continue to receive conventional therapy, which are standard of care medicines. Patients with advanced heart failure suffer greatly and hospitalizations are frequent.
For more information, please contact:
The Miriam Hospital