- COVID-19 Safety
- Our Services
- Meet the Team
- Patient Stories
- Cardiovascular Research
- Lifespan Cardiovascular Institute Awards and Certifications
- Are You at Risk for Heart Disease?
- Schedule an Appointment at the Lifespan Cardiovascular Institute
- Reduce Your Risk of a Heart Attack or Heart Failure
- Heart Health and Exercise
- What Are the Symptoms of a Heart Attack?
- Best Heart Health Foods
- Giving to the Lifespan Cardiovascular Institute
Clinical and Translational Research Center
The mission of the Cardiovascular Institute’s Clinical and Translational Research Center (CVI-CTRC) is to enhance, support and facilitate the conduct of high quality clinical and translational research in cardiovascular diseases by investigators at Lifespan.
In partnership with Lifespan Office of Research Administration, we will provide the following services to our investigators:
- Assistance with investigator-initiated research grant preparation
- Contract and budget initiation, negotiation and execution for industry sponsored trials and subcontracts
- Assistance with IRB: all phases including initial application, continuing reviews and amendments
- Coordinating logistics of protocol implementation
- Assistance with screening and recruitment
- Regulatory documentation: collection and submission
- Providing access to lab processing and freezer, exam and conference area
- Nursing and research assistant staff to collect biospecimens, perform exams and follow up
- Data entry, creating and maintaining source documents, maintaining regulatory binder(s)
- Database searches for retrospective trials
- Setting up databases using Redcap
Research is currently being conducted to learn more about cardiovascular disease and how it affects our patients.