Meet SimMan, the Universal Patient Simulator
SimMan, manufactured by Laerdal, is a reproduction of an average-size adult patient and includes realistic weight distribution and joint articulation. SimMan™ was designed for use as a tool to teach cognitive and critical thinking pathways and psychomotor skills. It can be used for education in crisis management of both typical and atypical difficult airways. We have adapted it for use in teamwork training scenarios to study and enhance teamwork behaviors.
SimMan's features include:
- Integrated speakers allow for vocalization and sound effects for patient interaction
- Realistic heart, lung, and bowel sounds
- Dynamically-adjustable airway and pulmonary mechanics
- Carotid, femoral, brachial, and radial pulses provide appropriate absent, weak, or normal pulses matching systolic pressures.
- Chest compression / CPR-compatible and detection-enabled
- A pulse oximeter finger probe is provided; the display will show the SpO2 feedback once the probe is placed on the simulator's finger.
- Incorporates an articulated Blood Pressure Arm and articulated Multi-Venous IV Training Arm with simulated blood concentrate and IV set-up, providing the ability to obtain realistic flashback upon venous entry, to practice fluid infusion, and to push medications.
- Allows invasive interventions such as needle decompression, tube thoracostomy and surgical cricothyroidotomy
- Intramuscular and subcutaneous injections can be administered in the deltoid, gluteal and thigh areas.
- Interchangeable male and female genitalia and connectors are provided for use in urinary catheterization procedures