Research and Clinical Trials at the Lifespan Orthopedics Institute
- Finding Better Ways to Heal ACL Injury
- Reverse Soaring Rates of Osteoarthritis
- COBRE for Skeletal Health and Repair
- Cerebral Palsy: Enhancing Functional Recovery
- Predicting Thumb Carpometacarpal Osteoarthritis
- Working Toward Even Better Joint Implants
- Minimum Five-Year Outcomes with Porous Tantalum Acetabular Cup and Augment Construct in Complex Revision Total Hip Arthroplasty
Valentin Antoci, MD, PhD, an orthopedic surgeon, is furthering advances in joint replacements in collaboration with colleagues from around the United States. They are working on improvements for treatments that range from the simple to the complex.
"The goal is to take joint surgery to the next level." - Dr. Valentin Antoci
Joseph “Trey” Crisco, PhD, director of the Lifespan bioengineering lab has conducted research on whether headgear should be required for women’s lacrosse players. The opinion of the sport’s supporters may not be what you’d expect.
"The goal of the research was to provide US Lacrosse with scientific information." - Dr. Joseph “Trey” Crisco