Lifespan Orthopedics Institute
The Most Comprehensive Orthopedic Care in the Region
- Cartilage Repair
- Foot and Ankle
- Hand and Wrist
- Shoulder and Elbow
- Sports Medicine
- Trauma Services
- Orthopedic Oncology
- Rehabilitative Services
- Research and Clinical Trials
- Patient Stories
- Assess Your Joint Pain
- When Is it Time to Consider Joint Replacement?
Research and Clinical Trials
- Finding Better Ways to Heal ACL Injury
- Reverse Soaring Rates of Osteoarthritis
- COBRE for Skeletal Health and Repair
- Cerebral Palsy: Enhancing Functional Recovery
- Predicting Thumb Carpometacarpal Osteoarthritis
- Working Toward Even Better Joint Implants
- Minimum Five-Year Outcomes with Porous Tantalum Acetabular Cup and Augment Construct in Complex Revision Total Hip Arthroplasty
Smart Joint Implants
Valentin Antoci, MD, PhD, an orthopedic surgeon, is furthering advances in joint replacements in collaboration with colleagues from around the United States. They are working on improvements for treatments that range from the simple to the complex.
"The goal is to take joint surgery to the next level." - Dr. Valentin Antoci
Do Helmets Protect?
Joseph “Trey” Crisco, PhD, director of the Lifespan bioengineering lab has conducted research on whether headgear should be required for women’s lacrosse players. The opinion of the sport’s supporters may not be what you’d expect.
"The goal of the research was to provide US Lacrosse with scientific information." - Dr. Joseph “Trey” Crisco