Rhode Island Hospital serves as the Level I trauma center for southeastern New England and is verified by the American College of Surgeons as a Level I trauma center with both adult and pediatric capabilities.
Orthopedic surgeons and other members of the surgical trauma team determine each trauma patient's medical status, needs and admission destination. Some procedures can be carried out at Newport Hospital or The Miriam Hospital, while more complex procedures require admission to Rhode Island Hospital. Skilled multidisciplinary staff and subspecialists offer a seamless continuation of care during the patient's hospital stay and for the duration of outpatient rehabilitation.
Areas of special expertise include:
- the internal and external fixation of injuries and disorders of the long bones and pelvis
- treatment of musculoskeletal infections and nonunions
- the care of patients with multiple injuries
Comprehensive care includes collaboration with other specialties, including plastic and reconstructive surgery. State-of-the-art internal and external fracture fixation equipment is available.
- Orthopedic Surgeons and Specialists in Rhode Island
- Cartilage Repair
- Foot and Ankle Care
- Hand and Wrist
- Shoulder and Elbow
- Spine Care
- Sports Medicine
- Trauma Services
- Orthopedic Oncology
- Rehabilitative Services
- Research and Clinical Trials
- Patient Stories
- Assess Your Joint Pain
- The Lifespan Orthopedics Institute in the News