Patient Rights and Responsibilities
Lifespan Pharmacy recognizes your rights, and state laws have been established to ensure that they are respected. Below is an easy-to-understand interpretation of the law. It is also our promise to you.
- The right to receive information about the patient management program, including the purpose and goals of the patient management program, as well as any changes in, or termination of, the patient management program.
- The right to have all information related to your medication treatment kept private and confidential except when otherwise provided by law.
- The right to be told about how we handle your clinical records.
- The right to have personal health information shared with the patient management program as limited by state and federal law.
- The right to be informed in advance about the care and services that we will provide, including who will provide the care and when the care will be provided.
- The right to be informed in advance, both orally and in writing, of care being provided, of the charges, including payment expected from third parties, and any charges for which you will be responsible.
- The right to speak to a pharmacist.
- The right to choose your pharmacy and your health care provider.
- The right to know our staff members’ names, including their job title, and to speak with a staff member’s supervisor if requested. If interacting with the program’s staff in person, you have the right to identify staff members through proper identification.
- The right to receive considerate, respectful, and appropriate care without discrimination and in accordance with physician's orders.
- The right to be told about and be a part of creating your plan of care, including any changes to your plan of care.
- The right to refuse care or treatment after the consequences of refusing care or treatment are fully presented.
- The right to decline participation in the patient management program, revoke your consent, or unenroll at any time.
- The right to have your property and person treated with respect and consideration and have your dignity and individuality recognized.
- The right to be free from mistreatment, neglect, or verbal, mental, sexual, and physical abuse, including injuries of unknown source, and misappropriation of your property.
- The right to voice complaints or concerns about treatment or care or lack of respect of property, or to recommend changes in policy personnel or our services, without fear of restraint, interference, coercion, discrimination, or reprisal.
- The right to have Lifespan Pharmacy respond to your complaints or concerns in a reasonable and timely manner.
- The right to be told about any financial benefits when we refer you to a third party.
- The right to be informed of client/patient rights under state law to formulate an advance directive, if applicable.
- The right to be fully informed about your responsibilities as they relate to the patient management program.
Lifespan Pharmacy has the right to expect responsible behavior from every patient enrolled in our Specialty Drug Patient Management Program.
- Submit any forms that are necessary to participate in the program, to the extent required by law.
- Provide Lifespan Pharmacy with accurate clinical information and contact information and notify the patient management program of changes in this information.
- Maintain any equipment that we provide to you.
- Notify your treating provider (such as your specialist or primary care doctor) of your participation in the patient management program, if applicable.
- Notify us of any concerns about the care or services we provide.
- Inform Lifespan Pharmacy staff if you do not understand or will be unable to carry out instructions about your medications.
Lifespan Pharmacy will work with you to resolve any complaints or issues you may have. If we cannot resolve an issue to your satisfaction you have the right to contact the Rhode Island Department of Health Board of Pharmacy at 401-222-5960.
- COVID-19 Vaccine Program
- Specialty Drug Patient Management Program
- About Lifespan Pharmacy
- Meds to Beds Program
- Medication Packaging
- Medication Take Back
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Patient Rights and Responsibilities
- Directions and Hours for Lifespan Pharmacy Locations
- Customer Feedback
- Lifespan Pharmacy Residency