- COVID-19 Vaccine Program
- Specialty Drug Patient Management Program
- About Lifespan Pharmacy
- Meds to Beds Program
- Medication Packaging
- Medication Take Back
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Patient Rights and Responsibilities
- Directions and Hours for Lifespan Pharmacy Locations
- Customer Feedback
- Lifespan Pharmacy Residency
Specialty Drug Patient Management Program
The Specialty Drug Patient Management Program is a free clinical service offered to Lifespan Pharmacy patients being treated with specific specialty medication for the following diseases:
- Cancer (oral chemotherapy)
- Cystic fibrosis
- Growth hormone disorders
- Hematological (blood) disorders
- Hepatitis C
- Hypercholesterolemia (injectable therapy)
- Inflammatory diseases, including, but not limited to:
- Crohn’s disease
- Psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Ulcerative colitis
- Substance abuse disorders
- Multiple sclerosis
How to Participate
Enrollment in the program is automatic for those receiving specialty medication filled at Lifespan Pharmacy. There is, however, an option to opt-out.
For questions on the program, or questions on medication, please reach call us at 401-444-9909.
A specialty medication is a medication used to treat rare or complex diseases and requires close clinical monitoring and patient education. Usually filled by a specialty pharmacy, specialty medications often require special handling, storage and administration. These medications are often high cost and require a prior authorization from your insurance company.
Lifespan Pharmacy’s program is designed specifically for each patient, their disease and their specialty medication. Our program provides:
- Access to hard-to-find specialty medications
- One-on-one drug counseling with a specially trained pharmacist
- A close working relationship with your doctor and health care team throughout your treatment
- Pharmacists available 24/7, 365 days a year
- Free delivery of your specialty medication
- Dedicated staff to help identify and secure patient financial assistance services and programs
Enrolling in Our Program
All patients who have a specialty medication filled at Lifespan Pharmacy will automatically be enrolled in the Specialty Drug Patient Management Program. You have the right to decline participation, revoke consent or disenroll at any time, simply by calling us to opt-out. No matter what you decide, Lifespan Pharmacy will still fill your prescriptions and provide you with all our standard patient services, including free delivery. If we cannot fill your prescription because we are excluded from acquiring the specialty medication you need, we will help you find a pharmacy that can fill your prescription or plan.
If you choose to participate, you will be contacted periodically by phone and/or meet with a clinical pharmacist to evaluate your clinical progress and answer any questions you may have. Customized follow-up assessments will help you receive your refills on schedule. We will contact your doctor regarding any urgent/nonurgent medical issues and/or general insurance issues.
Please call us if you need assistance or have any medication related questions at 401-444-9909.
- Lifespan Pharmacy provides free language assistance to patients whose primary languages are not English and to those that are visually or hearing impaired. Learn more.
The National Institutes of Health has an informative and searchable portal that has comprehensive information on medications. Visit the NIH Drug Information Portal to learn more.