Inpatient Treatment for Medical Psychiatric Patients Ages 12 to 17
Patients requiring inpatient treatment are admitted to a modern, secure 16-bed unit, the Judge Bruce M. and Cynthia M. Selya Integrated Care Unit, on the sixth floor of Hasbro Children’s Hospital.
The typical length of stay varies from several days to weeks; some inpatients may step down to the partial hospital program upon discharge.
About the Pediatric Medical Psychiatric Inpatient Program
Our inpatient program’s offerings include:
- Multidisciplinary assessment
- Individualized care plan
- Medication evaluation and management
- Individual therapy
- Family therapy
- Daily group therapy
- Daily community meeting
- Continuous milieu therapy, creating a healing environment
- Consultation with pediatric specialists in areas including endocrinology, neurology, oncology and gastroenterology
- Specialty services as needed, such as nutrition counseling or OT/PT services
The safe, comfortable environment offers both private and semi-private rooms and areas for family, group and milieu therapy. The program has the ability to separate patients into smaller, age-appropriate groups as needed.