- Adult Medicine
- Family Medicine
- Pediatric Medicine
- Laboratory Services
- Coastal365 Adult Sick Appointments
- Patient Portal
- COVID-19 Information
- Find a Clinician
- New Patient Registration
- Pay Online
- Patient Forms
- Policies and FAQ
- Services at Coastal
- About Coastal Medical
- Contact Coastal
Careers for Physicians at Coastal Medical
Teamwork. Excellence. Innovation. Support.
It's All Here.
Coastal Medical was formed in 1995 by doctors and for doctors, with a core mission to provide high-quality care to patients. Coastal's structure allows for much of the business of medicine to be managed, so physicians can focus on the work—providing patients with exceptional care.
G. Alan Kurose, MD, senior vice president for primary care and population health, Lifespan and board chair, Coastal Medical.
Why Physicians Choose Coastal Medical
For a confidential meeting or to learn more about Coastal Medical, contact Paula Rossi at 401-421-4000 (ext. 10222) or email@example.com.
Watch the video to hear why physicians choose Coastal.
Ways We Support our Physicians
- Support in Your Practice
New physicians benefit from physician mentoring and a thorough onboarding process to ensure a smooth transition to Coastal. Your team in the office will include a pharmacist, nurse care manager, practice manager, and dedicated medical assistant. Also, you can utilize a virtual scribe that allows you to focus more on your patients and spend less time on your computer.
- Centralized Clinical Programs
Care teams proactively engage your high-risk patients between visits to support patients to achieve their personal healthcare goals. They reach out by phone, text or home visits to help patients manage chronic conditions—with remote patient monitoring available for diabetes, COPD, hypertension and heart failure.
- Ancillary and After-Hour Services
Coastal provides your patients with timely and convenient access to evening, weekend and holiday sick visit appointments at Coastal365. Lab services are available seven days per week.
- Specialty Services
Coastal’s specialty physicians work with you to meet your patients’ needs, no matter how complex. From behavioral health to cardiology, pulmonary, and musculoskeletal health, Coastal’s specialists are available to help you manage a range of conditions.
- Centralized Administrative Support
Time-consuming administrative tasks—prior authorizations, medication refills, referral management, billing, and quality assurance—are handled centrally for all practices. Coastal offices benefit from business support services, including human resources, marketing, and finance. Our IT team is always on call to help you with any technical issues and provides training for the electronic health record and telemedicine.
- Hospital / Skilled Nursing Facility Support
Our specialized teams serve as a liaison between you and your patients who have been admitted to an emergency department, hospital or skilled nursing facility, ensuring no one gets lost in the system.
Why Physicians Choose Coastal
- Strong infrastructure
- Work-life balance through team-based, outpatient-only practice model
- Excellent benefits (health, dental, retirement, vacation, malpractice and more)
- Longevity of patient relationships
Coastal Medical at a Glance
- 125 providers in 20 offices and growing
- Rhode Island's first Medicare Shared Savings Program (MSSP) ACO
- 97% average MSSP quality score (2012-2020)
- Ancillaries include: laboratory sites
- Outpatient-only practice model
- All practices are NCQA recognized and have achieved most up-to-date Meaningful Use measures
- Integrated Electronic Health Records (eClinicalWorks) in every office and in-house IT support
- 2012 Ambulatory Davies Award winners for exceptional use of health IT