Careers for Physicians at Coastal Medical
Ways We Support our Physicians
- Support in Your Practice
New physicians benefit from physician mentoring and a thorough onboarding process to ensure a smooth transition to Coastal. Your team in the office will include a pharmacist, nurse care manager, practice manager, and dedicated medical assistant. Also, you can utilize a virtual scribe that allows you to focus more on your patients and spend less time on your computer.
- Centralized Clinical Programs
Care teams proactively engage your high-risk patients between visits to support patients to achieve their personal healthcare goals. They reach out by phone, text or home visits to help patients manage chronic conditions—with remote patient monitoring available for diabetes, COPD, hypertension and heart failure.
- Ancillary and After-Hour Services
Coastal provides your patients with timely and convenient access to evening, weekend and holiday sick visit appointments at Coastal365. Lifespan Lab services are available seven days per week.
- Specialty Services
Coastal’s specialty physicians work with you to meet your patients’ needs, no matter how complex. From behavioral health to musculoskeletal health, Coastal’s specialists are available to help you manage a range of conditions.
- Centralized Administrative Support
Time-consuming administrative tasks—prior authorizations, medication refills, referral management, billing, and quality assurance—are handled centrally for all practices. Coastal offices benefit from business support services, including human resources, marketing, and finance. Our IT team is always on call to help you with any technical issues.
- Hospital / Skilled Nursing Facility Support
Our specialized teams serve as a liaison between you and your patients who have been admitted to an emergency department, hospital or skilled nursing facility, ensuring no one gets lost in the system.
Why Physicians Choose Coastal
- Strong infrastructure
- Work-life balance through team-based, outpatient-only practice model
- Excellent benefits (health, dental, retirement, vacation, malpractice and more)
- Longevity of patient relationships
Coastal Medical at a Glance
- 150 clinicians in offices throughout Rhode Island
- Rhode Island's first Medicare Shared Savings Program (MSSP) ACO
- 97% average MSSP quality score (2012-2020)
- Ancillaries include: laboratory sites
- Outpatient-only practice model
- Integrated Electronic Health Records (Epic/LifeChart) in every office
- 2012 Ambulatory Davies Award winners for exceptional use of health IT