Parking and Public Transportation at Hasbro Children's Hospital
Hasbro Children's Hospital welcomes you. We've prepared this guide to help you find your way around our campus. If you have any questions regarding parking please call the parking office at 401-444-4013.
Important: If your car is parked illegally or is blocking traffic, it may be towed. Parking in hospital fire lanes is prohibited and may result in immediate towing at the discretion of security. The Providence Police will fine any vehicle parked illegally in a handicap space. If you have any questions, please call security at 401-444-5221.
Directions and Parking
Visitors to Hasbro Children's Hospital can park in the Willard Avenue Garage (see map). Valet service is available at the hospital's Dudley Street entrance.
Other helpful links:
Valet parking has gotten even better for our patients and their families at Hasbro Children's Hospital who are authorized for valet parking.
VPNE Parking solutions has added “TEXT IT IN” which will provide patients and families the ability to text for the return and pick up of their vehicle, just text the ticket number on the front of the parking receipt. The number to text will be provided on a card when the vehicle is dropped off. This time-saving enhancement covers Hasbro Children's Hospital, Ambulatory Patient Center, and Medical Office Complex valet locations.
If you have any questions please feel free to call the parking office at 401-444-4013.
- Location and Eligibility for Valet Service: Valet parking is available at the building's Dudley Street entrance for visitors to the Hasbro Children's Hospital emergency department and visitors with handicap-designated vehicles and who are visiting the Center for Pediatric Imaging and the Tomorrow Fund clinics. To valet park, a child must be in the car, except in the case of same-day surgery appointments.
- Valet Hours of Operation: Monday through Friday, 5:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Service is not available on weekends and holidays. Valet service may temporarily close when the plaza is full. A sign will be posted to indicate this. Valet service may open and close throughout the day.
- Car Return: The valet will return customers' vehicles until 5 p.m. From 5 to 10 p.m., customers can retrieve their keys from the attendant, along with map provided to find location of their vehicles. After 10 p.m., keys are available from the security officer inside the Hasbro Children's Hospital emergency department.
Emergency Department Parking
Parents and caregivers of children admitted to the Emergency Department can park free of charge in the Dudley Street Garage or the Willard Avenue Garage with ticket validation from the Emergency Department.
- Less than 30 minutes: free
- 30 minutes to two hours: $5
- Two hours to four hours: $6
- Four hours to 24 hours: $7
There is a self-pay station in the lobby, where visitors can pay the parking fee before returning to their cars. The representative is available in the main building lobby Monday through Sunday, 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Visitors may request a security escort to the parking lot by calling 401-444-5221.
All patients discharged from Hasbro Children’s Hospital are given one free exit from the parking lots and must show discharge paperwork upon exiting. Please push intercom button at ticket booth for assistance.
Discounted Parking Rates for Parents and Family Members
Parents of a child admitted to Hasbro Children's Hospital can receive parking validation at the Rhode Island Hospital main lobby in the Zecchino Pavilion.
- Parents are eligible for a discounted parking rate of $2.00 by presenting their blue patient identification bracelet and same-day parking ticket.
- An extended stay parking pass (with a stay of 11 days or more) can be purchased for $5.00. The extended stay parking pass is valid for 30 days.
Immediate Family Members
Immediate family members of a child admitted to Hasbro Children’s Hospital can go to the Rhode Island Hospital main lobby to receive parking validation.
- Immediate family members of any patient with a current stay of six days or more are eligible for a discounted parking rate of $2.00.
- Up to four immediate family members of a patient with a current stay of 10 days or more may purchase an extended stay parking pass of $5.00 (valid for 30 days).
Rhode Island Public Transit Authority (RIPTA) buses stop outside the entrance to the upper lobby of Hasbro Children’s Hospital (off the main circle) about every 20 minutes during the day, and once every hour in the evening. Bus service to the hospital begins at 6:15 a.m. and ends at 11:42 p.m. A RIPTA bus schedule is available at the hospital’s information desk.
If you require a security escort, please call 401-444-5221. All Rhode Island Hospital parking lots are equipped with lighting, surveillance equipment, security patrols and “help” buttons on light poles. Security can help start a dead car battery and open car doors if you have locked your keys inside.