Visitation Guidelines at Hasbro Children's Hospital
In light of COVID numbers and to ensure the safety of our patients, families and staff, Lifespan is revising our visitation policy. We are requiring visitors to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination, or results of a negative COVID test (PCR) administered within 48 hours, to enter Lifespan facilities.
As always at Hasbro Children’s Hospital, patient caregivers (parents, guardians, medical-decision makers) are part of the healthcare team and are NOT CONSIDERED visitors.
Visitation Policy at Hasbro Children's Hospital
- Two assigned patient caregivers (PCGs) will be permitted for the patient’s entire hospitalization. Two additional identified visitors (assigned at admission) will be permitted, for a total of 4 (2 PCGs and 2 visitors) per child, with a maximum of 2 permitted at the bedside per patient at any given time, between the hours of 8 a.m. and 7 p.m. The identified PCGs and visitors must be 18 years old or older and will be the only people allowed at the bedside, for the entire hospital stay.
- Only one patient caregiver or visitor will be permitted to remain with the child at the bedside overnight (7 p.m. to 8 a.m.).
- Pre- and post-operative areas: A total of two PCGs (must be 18 years old or older) will be permitted to stay with the child. Only one caregiver at a time will be permitted to remain with their child in the pre-operative area and recovery room. (This includes the post-anesthesia care unit, PACU). The two caregivers may stay together in the waiting room.
- Please note, no young siblings under age 18 will be able to visit.
Please wash or sanitize your hands before entering the hospital, before/after eating, using the assigned restroom, and upon exiting and entering the patient’s room.
IMPORTANT: All caregivers must wear a mask while in the hospital.
What Does This Mean for Families?
- You will be asked to identify ONLY two patient caregivers and two additional visitors at time of admission to the hospital. No other visitors will be identified or permitted during the entire duration of the patients stay. Everyone identified must be at least 18 years old.
- Each identified patient caregiver will receive one blue wrist band and one blue PCG badge. Both are to be always worn, while in the hospital. There will be only 2 red visitor badges provided to the patient. These red badges will be handed out to the identified visitors by the PCG before they are permitted to enter the unit.
- All patient caregivers will show their blue bracelet and blue PCG badge at the hospital entrance and be screened. All will need to have a badge to be permitted on the unit.
- All patient caregivers must wear a mask and be screened DAILY for respiratory symptoms on every entry into the hospital and upon check-in on the patient’s unit. A new screening and sticker will be provided each day.
- If a visitor does not show proof of COVID-19 vaccination, or results of a negative COVID test (PCR) administered within 48 hours they will not be permitted to enter the hospital.
Please note policies may change as the coronavirus situation evolves.
We would like to acknowledge everyone’s commitment to safety, and your contribution in keeping your child and Hasbro safe. We understand and apologize for the difficulty these restrictions may impose on our patients and families, please know that we are acting in the best interest of our community.