- About Hasbro Children's Hospital
- Information for Visitors
Patient & Family Centered Care
- Family Advisory Council
- Welcome to Hasbro Children’s Hospital
- Principles and Philosophies
- Your Child's Stay
- The GetWellNetwork
- Meet the Health Care Team
- Hospital Telephone Directory
- Dining Options and Meals
- Accommodations for Families
- Ronald McDonald House of Providence
- Special Services
- Patient Safety Tips
- Ethics and Patient Rights
- Going Home: What to Expect
- Our Centers and Services
- Good Night Lights
Giving to Hasbro Children's Hospital
- Ways to Give
- Foundation Boards
- Development Team
- Philanthropy & Grant News
- Signature Events
- Corporate Engagement
- Giving Society: Heroes for Hasbro
- Honor Roll of Supporters
- Planned Giving
- Gratitude Stories
- Profiles in Giving
- Publications & Videos
Pastoral and Spiritual Care at Hasbro Children's Hospital
Spiritual Care Services
The spiritual care department promotes healing by addressing the spiritual and emotional needs of our patients, families and staff while respecting their beliefs and values.
Special Services at Hasbro Children's Hospital
Multi-Faith Spiritual Care
Clinically trained health care chaplains can provide a listening presence, offer emotional and spiritual support, assist with ethical decisions, offer prayer and arrange for sacraments or contact local clergy. Multi-faith chaplains work with local clergy and spiritual leaders of all faith traditions to meet the spiritual needs of patients and families.
Our services are designed to accommodate the diversity of faiths and spiritual outlooks that our patients and families bring to the hospital. The spiritual care team can provide services to patients of any faith perspective, spiritual tradition and those with no religious affiliation.
Multi-faith chaplains are available 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, by calling 401-444-4746. Please leave a message. We will respond promptly during weekday hours.
Roman Catholic Spiritual Care
Catholic priests are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Hasbro Children’s patients or family members can request the sacrament of Reconciliation, the Anointing of the Sick or Holy Communion by calling 401-444-4627.
In an urgent situation a priest may be contacted through the Call Center by calling 401-444-5108 or pressing 0 from a hospital phone.
Many Catholic patients have found that these sacraments bring peace, healing and consolation. Patients and family members are encouraged to notify their local parishes of their hospital stay.
Two chapels are available within the hospital to give patients and families a place for quiet and reflection. The chapels are open 24 hours a day.
- The Hasbro Children’s Hospital Chapel is located near the upper lobby of Hasbro Children’s Hospital.
- The Chapel of Hope is located near the lobby of the main building of Rhode Island Hospital.
- Noon on Sundays and Holy Days
- Hasbro Children’s Hospital Chapel
Ecumenical Christian Prayer Service
- Wednesdays 12:05 to 12:20 p.m.
- Chapel of Hope
Quiet Guided Breathing Meditation
- Thursdays 12:05 to 12:15 p.m.
- Chapel of Hope
Muslim Prayer Service
- Fridays 1:15 to 2 p.m.
- Chapel of Hope
When a service is being held in one chapel, the other chapel is available for quiet prayer/meditation.