Find a Doctor Disclaimer
“Find a Doctor” is operated by Lifespan and includes all physicians who are on the medical staffs of Lifespan-affiliated hospitals, without any charge to them. Selection is based upon your needs and preferences. Search results will first present, in alphabetical order, physicians employed or contracted with Lifespan or its affiliates, followed by an alphabetical listing of physicians who are in Lifespan’s network of affiliated providers. At the end of that initial list, you can access an alphabetical listing of community physicians with privileges at Lifespan hospitals. All physicians in Find a Doctor have the opportunity to have a picture or video posted on the site. Neither the order of physicians, nor the presence or absence of a photo or video, in Find a Doctor is intended to reflect any preference, priority, or recommendation by Lifespan. Find a Doctor search results are also not based on the volume or value of referrals to Lifespan or its affiliates from any listed physician. Users are free to select their physician of choice from among all Lifespan-affiliated medical staff physicians.
Abbas El-Sayed Abbas, MD
Chief of Thoracic Surgery, Lifespan, and Chief of Thoracic Oncology, Lifespan Cancer Institute
Abbas El-Sayed Abbas, MD, an internationally recognized expert in thoracic surgery, is renowned for his minimally invasive surgical skills and experience in translational and clinical research oncology. He is the chief of thoracic oncology at the Lifespan Cancer Institute and the chief of thoracic surgery with both The Warren Alpert School of Medicine at Brown University and Brown Surgical Associates.
He was previously the system thoracic surgeon-in-chief and system director of the Foregut Disease Programs and Thoracic Oncology programs with Temple University Health System in Philadelphia. He earned a medical degree, with honors, at the Ain-Shams University School of Medicine in Cairo, Egypt. He completed his internship and residency at the University of Pennsylvania along with a postdoctoral research fellowship in gene therapy for thoracic malignancies. Additionally, he completed a fellowship in cardiothoracic surgery at the Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science, Rochester, Minnesota and later pursued postdoctoral research in mechanical cardiac support at Penn State University.
Watch Dr. Abbas El-Sayed Abbas as he is featured on WJAR NBC 10
Brown Surgical Associates, Inc., Dudley St, Suite 470
Medical Office Center (MOC) (directions)
2 Dudley St, Suite 470
Providence, RI 02905
- Medical School: Ain-Shams University School of Medicine
- Fellowship: Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN
- Internship: UPMC Pinnacle Harrisburg
- Residency: UPHS Pennsylvania Hospital
- Andrei I. Gritsiuta, Alexander Bracken, Abbas E. Abbas, Roman V. Petrov. Complex anterior chest wall reconstruction after extensive oncologic resections: a narrative review. Shanghai Chest 2021 | https://dx.doi.org/10.21037/shc-21-8
- Facundo Iriarte, Stacey Su, Roman V. Petrov, Charles T. Bakhos, Abbas E. Abbas. Surgical Management of Early Esophageal Cancer. Surgical Clinics of North America. Volume 101, Issue 3, June 2021, Pages 427-441
- Romulo Fajardo, Abbas E. Abbas, Roman V. Petrov, Charles T. Bakhos. Salvage Esophagectomy. Surgical Clinics of North America. Volume 101, Issue 3, June 2021, Pages 467-482
- Charles T. Bakhos. Edwin Acevedo, Roman V. Petrov, Abbas E. Abbas, Surveillance Following Treatment of Esophageal Cancer. Volume 101, Issue 3, June 2021, Pages 499-509
- Abbas El-Sayed Abbas. Peroral Endoscopic Myotomy, The Poetic Remedy for Type III Achalasia. JTCVS 2021 ISSN 0022-5223, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jtcvs.2021.03.038.
- Mu‐Zi Yang Ren‐Chun Lai Abbas E. Abbas, Bernard J. Park Ji‐Bin Li Jie Yang Jin‐Chun Wu Gang Wang Hao‐Xian Yang. Yang M-Z, Lai R-C, Abbas AE, et al. Learning curve of robotic portal lobectomy for pulmonary neoplasms: A prospective observational study. Thorac Cancer. 2021;1–10. https://doi.org/10.1111/1759-7714.13927
- Abbas E. Abbas. Short-term Smoking Cessation Before Thoracic Surgery Does Not Increase Postoperative Pulmonary Complications. Debunking the Myths. Seminars in Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, 2021, ISSN 1043-0679, https://doi.org/10.1053/j.semtcvs.2021.01.032
- Khaitan PG, El-Sayed Abbas A, Watson TJ. The Underfunding of Esophageal Cancer Research. Ann Thorac Surg. 2020 Dec 23: S0003-4975(20)32160-3. doi: 10.1016/j.athoracsur.2020.09.077. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 33359725.
- Bin Li, Yang Yang, Alper Toker, Bentong Yu, Chang Hyun Kang, Ghulam Abbas, Harmik J. Soukiasian, Hecheng Li, Hiroyuki Daiko, Hongjing Jiang, Jianhua Fu, Jun Yi, Kemp Kernstine, Marcello Migliore, Michael Bouvet, Sara Ricciardi, Yin-Kai Chao, Yong-Hee Kim, Yun Wang, Zhentao Yu, Abbas E. Abbas*, Inderpal S. Sarkaria*, Zhigang Li*;. International consensus statement on robot-assisted minimally invasive esophagectomy (RAMIE). J Thorac Dis 2020;12(12):7387-7401. DOI: 10.21037/jtd-20-1945.
- Tittaferrante S, Gupta R, Kim V; Temple University COVID-19 Research Group. Thoracic Computed Tomography Features of Coronavirus Disease 2019 Patients with Emphysema. Chronic Obstr Pulm Dis. 2020 Jul;7(3):290-296. doi: 10.15326/jcopdf.7.3.2020.0166. PMID: 32543160.
- Patel M, Dominguez E, Sacher D, Desai P, Chandar A, Bromberg M, Caricchio R, Criner GJ; Temple University COVID-19 Research Group. Etoposide as Salvage Therapy for Cytokine Storm Due to Coronavirus Disease 2019. Chest. 2020 Sep 12: S0012- 3692(20)34486-X. doi: 10.1016/j.chest.2020.09.077. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 32931823; PMCID: PMC7486855.
- Myers CN, Scott JH, Criner GJ, Cordova FC, Mamary AJ, Marchetti N, Shenoy KV, Galli JA, Mulhall PD, Brown JC, Shigemura N, Sehgal S; Temple University COVID-19 Research Group. COVID-19 in lung transplant recipients. Transpl Infect Dis. 2020 Jun 10: e13364. doi: 10.1111/tid.13364. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 32521074; PMCID: PMC7300568.
- Rali P, O'Corragain O, Oresanya L, Yu D, Sheriff O, Weiss R, Myers C, Desai P, Ali N, Stack A, Bromberg M, Lubitz AL, Panaro J, Bashir R, Lakhter V, Caricchio R, Gupta R, Dass C, Maruti K, Lu X, Rao AK, Cohen G, Criner GJ, Choi ET; Temple University COVID-19 Research Group. Incidence of venous thromboembolism in coronavirus disease 2019: An experience from a single large academic center. J Vasc Surg Venous Lymphat Disord. 2020 Oct 5: S2213-333X (20)30524-2. doi: 10.1016/j.jvsv.2020.09.006. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 32979557; PMCID: PMC7535542.
- Caricchio R, Gallucci M, Dass C, Zhang X, Gallucci S, Fleece D, Bromberg M, Criner GJ; Temple University COVID-19 Research Group. Preliminary predictive criteria for COVID-19 cytokine storm. Ann Rheum Dis. 2020 Sep 25: annrheumdis-2020-218323. doi: 10.1136/annrheumdis-2020-218323. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 32978237.
- Abbas El-Sayed Abbas. The Value of Close Surveillance After Lung Cancer Surgery. How Absence of Evidence Is Not Evidence of Absence. JTCVS In Press.
- Abbas E. Abbas, Inderpal S. Sarkaria. Specific complications and limitations of robotic esophagectomy. Diseases of the Esophagus (2020)33,1–9. DOI: 10.1093/dote/doaa109
- Abbas El-Sayed Abbas. Endoscopic device closure to fix the dam problem of postpneumonectomy bronchopleural fistula. JTCVS Techniques, Volume 4, December 2020, Pages 349-350. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.xjtc.2020.09.008
- Stereothoracoscopic Lobectomy. One More Step Toward Surgical Augmented Reality. Semin Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2020 Aug 23: S1043-0679(20)30250-1. doi: 10.1053/j.semtcvs.2020.07.005. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 32846230.
- Abbas El-Sayed Abbas. When cancer is oligometastatic, even mesothelioma is curable. JTCVS Techniques. September 2020 Volume 3, Number C
- Aruj Choudhry, Alexandra G. Selby, Navneet Goraya, Padma Chamarthy, Emily Friedman, Andrew R. Leopold, Jonathan Gotfried, Michael S. Smith, Ron Schey, Albert Mamary, Kartik Shenoy, Abbas E. Abbas, Charles Bakhos, Roman Petrov, Adam C. Ehrlich, Henry P. Parkman, Zubair A. Malik. Anti-reflux surgery reduces mortality in lung transplant patients. Gastroenterology. 2020;158(6, Supplement 1): S-32. doi:10.1016/S0016-5085(20)30764-2
- Romulo A. Fajardo, Roman V. Petrov, Charles T. Bakhos, Abbas E. Abbas. Endoscopic and Surgical Treatments for Achalasia: Who to Treat and How? Gastroenterol Clin N Am 49 (2020) 481–498. doi.org/10.1016/j.gtc.2020.05.003
- Petrov, Roman V., Charles T. Bakhos, Abbas E. Abbas, Zubair Malik, and Henry P. Parkman. “Endoscopic and Surgical Treatments for Gastroparesis: What to Do and Whom to Treat?” Gastroenterology Clinics of North America, June 20, 2020.
- Charles T. Bakhos, Abbas E. Abbas, and Roman V. Petrov. Tailoring Endoscopic and Surgical Treatments for Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease. Gastroenterology Clinics of North America, June 16, 2020. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.gtc.2020.04.005.
- Petrov RV, Fajardo RA, Bakhos CT, Abbas AE. Peroral endoscopic myotomy: techniques and outcomes. Shanghai Chest. 2020;0(0). doi:10.21037/shc.2020.02.02
- Aruj Choudhry, Alexandra G. Selby, Navneet Goraya, Padma Chamarthy, Emily Friedman, Andrew R. Leopold, Jonathan Gotfried, Michael S. Smith, Ron Schey, Albert Mamary, Kartik Shenoy, Abbas E. Abbas, Charles Bakhos, Roman Petrov, Adam C. Ehrlich, Henry P. Parkman, Zubair A. Malik. Anti-Reflux Surgery Reduces Mortality In Lung Transplant Patients.” Gastroenterology 158, no. 6, Supplement 1 (May 1, 2020): S32. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0016-5085(20)30764-2.
- Abbas El-Sayed Abbas. A New Testament for the Followers of Thymic Epithelial Tumors: Innovations. Published online May 22, 2020. doi:10.1177/1556984520922932
- Bakhos C, Salami A, Kaiser L, Petrov R, Abbas A. Thymic neuroendocrine tumors and thymic carcinoma: demographics, treatment and survival. Innovations (Phila) 2020 Sep/Oct;15(5):468-474. PMID: 32938293
- Abbas Abbas, Charles Bakhos, Roman Petrov, Larry Kaiser. Financial Impact of Adapting Robotics to a Thoracic Practice in an Academic Institution. J Thorac Dis 2020. Accepted for publication Dec 30, 2019. doi: 10.21036/jtd.2020.01.22. In Press.
- Michael Mazzei, Abbas E. Abbas. Why comprehensive adoption of robotic assisted thoracic surgery is ideal for both simple and complex lung resections. J Thorac Dis 2020. Accepted for publication Dec 30, 2019. doi: 10.21037/jtd.2020.01.22. In Press.
- Abbas E. Abbas. Robotic Anatomic Lung Resection. Raising The Bar of Expectations in Treating Lung Cancer. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. Volume 159, Issue 2, February 2020, Pages 689-690.
- Abbas E. Abbas. Winning the Race after Lung Surgery. The Tortoise or the Hare? J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. Volume 159, Issue 2, February 2020, Pages 679-680.
- Bakhos, Charles T., Roman V. Petrov, Henry P. Parkman, Zubair Malik, and Abbas E. Abbas. Role and Safety of Fundoplication in Esophageal Disease and Dysmotility Syndromes. Journal of Thoracic Disease 1, no. 1 (July 19, 2019): S1610-S1617–S1617. https://doi.org/10.21037/jtd.2019.06.62.
- Patel S, Petrov R, Abbas A, Bakhos C. Robotic assisted McKeown esophagectomy. J Vis Surg, 2019;5:43 PMID: 31428568
- Bakhos C, Patel S, Petrov R, Abbas A. Jejunostomy - techniques and controversies. J Vis Surg 2019 Apr;5. pii: 33. PMID: 31321215
- Bakhos CT, Patel SP, Petrov RV, Abbas AE. Management of Paraesophageal Hernia in the Morbidly Obese Patient. Thorac Surg Clin. 2019 Nov;29(4):379-386. doi: 10.1016/j.thorsurg.2019.07.003. Epub 2019 Sep 26.
- Petrov R, Bakhos C, Abbas A. Robotic substernal reconstruction of esophageal continuity with gastric conduit- a frequently overlooked minimally invasive option. J Vis Surg 2019 May;5. pii: 47. PMID: 31157161
- Petrov RV, Su S, Bakhos CT, Abbas AE. Surgical Anatomy of Paraesophageal Hernias. Thorac Surg Clin. 2019 Nov;29(4):359-368. doi: 10.1016/j.thorsurg.2019.07.008. Epub 2019 Sep 26.
- Abbas E. Abbas. Intraoperative Electromagnetic Percutaneous Localization by Surgeons. Navigating The Rough Waters of Indeterminate Pulmonary Nodules. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2019 Apr;157(4): e215-e216.
- Roman V. Petrov, Charles T. Bakhos, Abbas E. Abbas. Carinal resection. Shanghai Chest 2018; 2:84
- Charles T. Bakhos, Aitua C. Salami, Larry R. Kaiser, Roman V. Petrov, Abbas E. Abbas. Outcomes of Octogenarians with Esophageal Cancer: an Analysis of the National Cancer Database. Dis Esophagus. 2018 Dec 31. doi: 10.1093/dote/doy128.
- Abbas E. Abbas. Surgical Management of Lung Cancer: History, Evolution, and Modern Advances. Curr Oncol Rep. 2018 Nov 13;20(12):98. doi: 10.1007/s11912-018-0741-7.
- Zhang Y, Xiang J, Han Y, Huang M, Hang J, Abbas AE, Li H. Initial experience of robot-assisted Ivor-Lewis esophagectomy: 61 consecutive cases from a single Chinese institution. Dis Esophagus. 2018 Dec 1;31(12). doi: 10.1093/dote/doy048.
- Rahul Kataria , Sandar Linn , Zubair Malik , Abbas E. Abbas, Henry Parkman and Ron Schey. Post-Fundoplication Dumping Syndrome: A Frequent “Rare” Complication. ACG Case Rep J 2018;5:e1. doi:10.14309/crj.2018.1. Published online: January 3, 2018.
- Sterling JL, Abbas A, Smith MS, Malik Z. Treatment of Barrett’s With Balloon Cryotherapy Is Feasible and Safe in Patients With Prior Magnetic Sphincter Augmentation Device (MSAD. Official journal of the American College of Gastroenterology | ACG. 2018;113:S1032.
- Salami, Aitua, Abbas E. Abbas, Roman Petrov, and Charles T. Bakhos. “Primary Salivary Gland-Type Tumors of the Lung: A Comparative Analysis of Mucoepidermoid and Adenoid Cystic Carcinomas.” Journal of the American College of Surgeons, Scientific Forum & Scientific Poster Presentations, 227, no. 4, Supplement 2 (October 1, 2018): e98. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jamcollsurg.2018.08.265.
- Shulman, R.M. & Abbas, A.ES. The state of the art and future directions of robotic-assisted thoracic surgery. Indian J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg (2018) 34(Suppl 1): 40. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12055-017-0626-7
- Salami A, Abbas AE, Petrov R, Jhala N, Bakhos CT. Comparative Analysis of Clinical, Treatment, and Survival Characteristics of Basaloid and Squamous Cell Carcinoma of the Esophagus. J Am Coll Surg. 2017 Nov 11. pii: S1072-7515(17)32064-1. doi: 10.1016/j.jamcollsurg.2017.10.019. [Epub ahead of print]
- Roman Petrov, MD, Charles Bakhos, MD, Abbas E. Abbas, MD. Management of Malignant Lung Entrapment, the Oncothorax. Thorac Surg Clin. 2018 Feb;28(1):81-90. doi: 10.1016/j.thorsurg.2017.08.009.
- Abbas E. Abbas. Robotic portal lobectomy, surgery through a virtual thoracotomy. J Thorac Dis 2017;9(9):2871-2875. doi: 10.21037/jtd.2017.08.84
- Abbas E. Abbas. Ground Glass Opacity of the lung, The Veil That needs Lifting. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2017 Dec;154(6):2100-2101. doi: 10.1016/j.jtcvs.2017.08.095. Epub 2017 Sep 5.
- Finnberg,N.K.; Gokare,P.; Lev,A.; Grivennikov,S.I.; MacFarlane,A.W.,4th; Campbell,K.S.; Winters,R.M.; Kaputa,K.; Farma,J.M.; Abbas,A.E.; Grasso,L.; Nicolaides,N.C.; El-Deiry,W.S. Application of 3D tumoroid systems to define immune and cytotoxic therapeutic responses based on tumoroid and tissue slice culture molecular signatures. Oncotarget, 2017, 8, 40, 66747-66757, United States
- Abbas E. Abbas, New nomenclature for robotic-assisted thoracic surgery also gets rid of RATS. The Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, Volume 154, Issue 3, 2017, Pages 1070-1071, ISSN 0022-5223, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jtcvs.2017.03.077.
- Abbas A, Kadakia S, Ambur V, Muro K, Kaiser L. Intraoperative electromagnetic navigational bronchoscopic localization of small, deep, or subsolid pulmonary nodules. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2017 Feb 7.
- Ryan F. Moore, Deacon J. Lile, Abbas E. Abbas. Current status of spray cryotherapy for airway disease. J Thorac Dis 2017. Accepted for publication Nov 28, 2016. doi: 10.21037/jtd.2017.01.55.
- Michael B. Goldberg, Abbas E. Abbas, Michael S. Smith, Henry P. Parkman, Ron Schey, Daniel Demspey. Minimally Invasive Fundoplication Is Safe and Effective in Patients with Severe Esophageal Hypomotility. Innovations:Technology and Techniques in Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery: November/December 2016 - Volume 11 - Issue 6 - p 396–399
- Kelly J. Janke, Abbas E. Abbas, Vishnu Ambur, Daohai Yu. The Application of Liquid Nitrogen Spray Cryotherapy in Treatment of Bronchial Stenosis. Innovations: Technology and Techniques in Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery. 2016 Sep/Oct;11(5):349-354.
- Abbas A, Traumatic Injury of The PA; Transection, Rupture, Pseudoaneurysm Or Dissection? Sometimes Semantics Do Matter, The Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery (2016), doi: 10.1016/j.jtcvs.2016.07.019.
- Abbas A. A Posterior Mediastinal Mass Is Not Always What It Seems, The Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery (2016), doi: 10.1016/j.jtcvs.2016.06.001
- Martin RC, Cannon RM, Brown RE, Ellis SF, Williams S, Scoggins CR, Abbas AE. Evaluation of quality of life following placement of self-expanding plastic stents as a bridge to surgery in patients receiving neoadjuvant therapy for esophageal cancer. Oncologist. 2014 Mar;19(3):259-65. doi: 10.1634/theoncologist.2013-0344. Epub 2014 Feb 24.
- John S. Bolton, William C. Conway and Abbas E. Abbas. Planned Delay of Oral Intake After Esophagectomy Reduces the Cervical Anastomotic Leak Rate and Hospital Length of Stay. J Gastrointest Surg (2014) 18:304–309
- Logan Kosarek, Eric Busch, Abbas Abbas, Jason Falterman, and Bobby D. Nossaman. Effective Use of Bronchial Blockers in Lung Isolation Surgery: An Analysis of 130 Cases. Ochsner J. 2013 Fall; 13(3): 389–393.
- Michael V. Do, Taylor A. Smith, Hernan A. Bazan, W. C. Sternbergh III, Abbas E. Abbas, William S. Richardson. Laparoscopic versus robot-assisted surgery for median arcuate ligament syndrome. Surg Endosc. (2013) 27: 4060-4066.
- Alraiyes AH, Alraies MC, Abbas A. Radiation-Associated Airway Necrosis. Ochsner J. 2013 Summer;13(2):273-5.
- Hussain SZ, Abbas AE, Brown MF, Sankararaman S, Wellman G, Noel RA, Hyman P. Surgical reconstruction of the double lumen esophagus. J Pediatr Surg. 2013 Mar;48(3):661-4.
- Nicolas Zea, John Bolton, Lisa L. Wang, Abbas E. Abbas. The Utility of Esophageal Stents as an Adjunct in the Perioperative Management of Cancer of the Esophagus. Gastroenterology. Volume 142, Issue 5, Supplement 1, May 2012, Pages S-1074
- Abdel Khalek M, Abbas A, Joshi V, Hariri N, Kandil E. A case report of intraoperative endoscopic ultrasound during robotic assisted Heller myotomy for severe esophageal achalasia. J La State Med Soc. 2011 May-Jun;163(3):134-8.
- Brown RE, Abbas AE, Ellis S, Williams S, Scoggins CR, McMasters KM, Martin RC 2nd. A prospective phase II evaluation of esophageal stenting for neoadjuvant therapy for esophageal cancer: optimal performance and surgical safety. J Am Coll Surg. 2011 Apr;212(4):582-8; discussion 588-9.
- Shankar SS, and Abbas AE. Acute respiratory failure caused by spontaneous herniation of the lung. Ochsner J. 2010 Winter;10(4):256-8.
- Crenshaw GD., Shankar SS, Brown RE, Abbas AE, Bolton JS. Extracorporeal gastric stapling reduces the incidence of gastric conduit failure after minimally invasive esophagectomy. Am Surg. 2010 Aug;76(8):823-8
- Lustberg MB, Bekaii-Saab T, Young D, Otterson G, Burak W, Abbas A, McCrackenBussa B, Lustberg ME, Villalona-Calero MA. Phase II Randomized Study of Two Regimens of Sequentially Administered Mitomycin C and Irinotecan in Patients with Unresectable Esophageal and Gastroesophageal Adenocarcinoma. J Thorac Oncol. 2010 May;5(5):713-8.
- Springmeyer SC, IBV Valve Pilot Trials Research Teams. Treatment of Heterogeneous Emphysema Using the Spiration IBV Valves. Thorac Surg Clin. 2009 May;19(2):247-53, ix-x.
- Crouser ED, Culver DA, Knox KS, Julian MW, Shao G, Abraham S, Liyanarachchi S, Macre JE, Wewers MD, Gavrilin MA, Ross P, Abbas A, Eng C. Gene Expression Profiling Identifies MMP-12 and ADAMDEC1 as Potential Pathogenic Mediators of Pulmonary Sarcoidosis. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2009 Feb 12
- Magro CM, Pope-Harman AL, Abbas AE, Ross P Jr. Lung transplantation: opportunities for research and clinical advancement. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2006 Feb 15;173(4):466-7; author reply 467.
- Magro CM, Abbas AE, Ross P Jr. The application of photodynamic therapy in the treatment of metastatic endobronchial disease. Lasers Surg Med. 2006 Jun;38(5):376-83.
- Magro CM, Abbas AE, Seilstad K, Pope-Harman AL, Nadasdy T, Ross P Jr. C3d and the septal microvasculature as a predictor of chronic lung allograft dysfunction. Hum Immunol. 2006 Apr-May;67(4-5):274-83.
- Povoski SP, Marsh WL Jr, Spigos DG, Abbas AE, Buchele BA. Related Articles, Links Management of a patient with multiple recurrences of fibromatosis (desmoid tumor) of the breast involving the chest wall musculature. World J Surg Oncol. 2006 Jun 12;4(1):32
- Abbas AE, Deschamps C, Cassivi S, Nichols FC, Allen MS, Pairolero PC. Desmoid Tumors of The Chest: Results Of Surgical Intervention. Ann Thorac Surg 2004; 78: 1219–23
- Abbas AE, Deschamps C, Miller D Nichols FC, Allen MS, Pairolero PC. Barrett’s Esophagus: The Role of Laparoscopic Fundoplication. Ann Thorac Surg 2004; 77: 393-396
- Abbas AE, Deschamps C, Miller D Nichols FC, Allen MS, Pairolero PC. Postpneumonectomy empyema. Curr Opin Pulm Med 8:327-333, 2002
- 80. Lambright ES, Caparrelli DJ, Abbas AE, Toyoizumi T, Coukos G, Molnar-Kimber KL. Kaiser LR. Oncolytic therapy using a mutant type-1 herpes simplex virus and the role of the immune system. Annals of Thoracic Surgery. 68(5):1756-60; discussion 1761-2, 1999 Nov.
- Toyoizumi, T., Abbas, AE, Kang, EH, Caparrelli, DJ, Albelda, SM, Kaiser, LR, MolnarKimber, KL. Mitomycin C augments oncolytic effect of Herpes simplex virus type I 34.5 mutants in model of non-small cell lung cancer. Seventh International Conference on Cancer Gene Therapy Proceedings. 5 (6).
- Coukos, G., Caparrelli, D.J., Makrigiannakis, A., Abbas, A.E., Kaiser, L.R., Rubin, S.C., Albelda, S.M., and K. L. Molnar-Kimber. Replication selective Herpes Simplex Virus-1 in the treatment of epithelial ovarian cancer. AACR Proceedings 39:A4109. Received Glaxo-Welcome Clinical Research Scholar Award.
- Abbas, A.E., Caparrelli, D.J., Kang, E., Toyoizumi, T., Albelda, S.M., Kaiser, L.R., and K. L. Molnar-Kimber. Oncolytic effect of HSV-1 ICP34.5 mutants in Lung cancer. AACR Proceedings 39:A3771.
- Caparrelli, D.J., Abbas, A.E., Coukos, G., Toyoizumi, T., Albelda, S.M., Molnar-Kimber, K.L., and Kaiser, L.R. Using cells as producer cells for HSV-1` ICP34.5 mutant: induction of a therapeutic response against Lewis Lung carcinoma. ATS Proceedings.
- Abbas, A.E., Caparrelli, D.J., Kang, E., Toyoizumi, T., Albelda, S.M., Kaiser, L.R., and K. L. Molnar-Kimber. Oncolytic effect of HSV-1 ICP34.5 mutants in Lung cancer. ATS Proceedings.
- Toyoizumi T, Mick R, Abbas AE, Kang EH, Kaiser LR, Molnar-Kimber KL Combined therapy with chemotherapeutic agents and herpes simplex virus type1 ICP34.5 mutant (HSV-1716) in human non-small cell lung cancer. Hum Gene Ther 1999 Dec 10;10(18):3013-29. DOI: 10.1089/10430349950016410
- Haut ER, Abbas A, Schuricht A. Pancreatic Cancer: the role of the Primary Care Physician. Consultant. 1999; 39(12): 3329-3335.
- Abbas AE., Weiss SM., Alvear DT. Infantile hypertrophic pyloric stenosis: delays in diagnosis and over-utilization of imaging modalities. American Surgeon. 65(1):73-6, 1999 Jan.
- Thoracic Surgery