Find a Doctor Disclaimer
“Find a Doctor” is operated by Lifespan and includes all physicians who are on the medical staffs of Lifespan-affiliated hospitals, without any charge to them. Selection is based upon your needs and preferences. Search results will first present, in alphabetical order, physicians employed or contracted with Lifespan or its affiliates, followed by an alphabetical listing of physicians who are in Lifespan’s network of affiliated providers. At the end of that initial list, you can access an alphabetical listing of community physicians with privileges at Lifespan hospitals. All physicians in Find a Doctor have the opportunity to have a picture or video posted on the site. Neither the order of physicians, nor the presence or absence of a photo or video, in Find a Doctor is intended to reflect any preference, priority, or recommendation by Lifespan. Find a Doctor search results are also not based on the volume or value of referrals to Lifespan or its affiliates from any listed physician. Users are free to select their physician of choice from among all Lifespan-affiliated medical staff physicians.
Anna E. Schierberl Scherr, PhD
Staff Psychologist, Lifespan Physicians Group
Anna Schierberl Scherr, PhD is a staff psychologist at The Miriam Hospital, where she provides individual counseling in behavioral medicine focused on emotional and binge eating, health behavior change, coping with chronic medical conditions, and co-existing depression and anxiety. In addition, she provides group weight management treatment in The Miriam Hospital's Weight Management Program. She provides clinical training within the Brown Clinical Psychology Residency.
- Schierberl Scherr, A., McClure Brenchley, K.J., & Gorin, A.A. (2013). Examining a ripple effect: Do spouses’ behavior changes affect each other’s weight loss? Journal of Obesity, 2013, 1-8.
- Gorin A.A., Niemeier, H.M., & Schierberl Scherr, A. (2011). Binge eating in overweight and obese individuals with type 2 diabetes. In: V. R. Preedy (Ed.), International Handbook of Behavior, Diet, and Nutrition. New York: Springer.
Outpatient Psychiatry and Behavioral Health, Providence
146 West River Street, second floor
Providence, RI 02904
- Post Graduate: University of Connecticut School of Medicine
- Internship: University of Massachusetts Medical School/Worcester Recovery Center and Hospital, Worcester, MA
- Fellowship: VA Medical Center, Providence, RI
Areas of Expertise
- Behavioral Medicine/clinical Health Psychology
- Behavioral Weight Management
- Health Behavior Change
- Coping With Chronic Illness