Find a Doctor Disclaimer
“Find a Doctor” is operated by Lifespan and includes all physicians who are on the medical staffs of Lifespan-affiliated hospitals, without any charge to them. Selection is based upon your needs and preferences. Search results will first present, in alphabetical order, physicians employed or contracted with Lifespan or its affiliates, followed by an alphabetical listing of physicians who are in Lifespan’s network of affiliated providers. At the end of that initial list, you can access an alphabetical listing of community physicians with privileges at Lifespan hospitals. All physicians in Find a Doctor have the opportunity to have a picture or video posted on the site. Neither the order of physicians, nor the presence or absence of a photo or video, in Find a Doctor is intended to reflect any preference, priority, or recommendation by Lifespan. Find a Doctor search results are also not based on the volume or value of referrals to Lifespan or its affiliates from any listed physician. Users are free to select their physician of choice from among all Lifespan-affiliated medical staff physicians.
Maria L. Buckley, PhD
Staff Psychologist, Lifespan Physician Group
Maria L. Buckley, PhD, is a psychologist at Lifespan Physician Group and a clinical associate professor in the department of psychiatry and human behavior at The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University. Dr. Buckley provides individual and group behavioral treatment within cardiopulmonary rehabilitation, and leads psychoeducational groups in The Miriam Hospital’s Weight Management Program. Dr. Buckley is a clinical supervisor within Brown University’s Clinical Psychology Internship Training Program and a fellow of the American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation.
Please visit http://research.brown.edu/myresearch/Maria_Buckley for a full list of Dr. Buckley's recent publications.
- Busch, A. M., Scott-Sheldon, L. A., Pierce, J., Chattillion, E., Cunningham, K., Buckley, M. L. (2014). Depression Predicts Pulmonary Rehabilitation Completion among Women, but not Men. Respiratory Medicine, 108, 1007-1013.
- Busch, A. M., Leavens, E. L., Wagener, T. L., Buckley, M. L., Tooley, E. M. (2016). Prevalence, Reasons for Use, and Risk Perception of Electronic Cigarettes among Post-Acute Coronary Syndrome Smokers. J Cardiopulm Rehabil Prev, 36, 352-7.
- Pack, Q.R., Bauldoff, G., Lichtman, S.W., Buckley, M., Eichenauer, K., Gavic, A., Garvey, C., King, M..L. (2018). Prioritization, development, and validation of American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation performance measures. Journal Cardiopulm Rehabil Prev, 38: 208-214.
- Blackstock, F.C.,Lareau, S.C., Nici, L., ZuWallack, R., Bourbeau, G., Buckley, M. Durning, S., Effing, T.W., Egbert, E., Goldstein, R.S., Kelly, W., Lee, A., Meek, P. M., Singh, S. (2018). Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease Education in Pulmonary Rehabilitation. An Official American Thoracic Society/Thoracic Society of Australia and New Zealand/Canadian Thoracic Society/British Thoracic Society Workshop Report. Annals of the American Thoracic Society, 15, 769-784.
- Gathright, E.C., Busch, A.M, Buckley, M.L., Stabile, L., DeAngelis, J., Whited, M.C., & Wu, W. (In press). Improvements in depressive symptoms and affect during cardiac rehab: Predictors and potential mechanisms. J Cardiopulm Rehabil Prev.
- Buckley, M., Eichenauer, K. (2018, in press). Ch. 5 Psychosocial Assessment and Intervention. Guidelines for Pulmonary Rehabilitation Programs, 5th ed. American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation. Champaign, IL: Human Kinetics, Inc.
- Post Graduate: State University of New York at Albany
- Internship: The Greater Hartford Clinical Psychology Internship Consortium
Areas of Expertise
- Behavioral Weight Management
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation Behavioral Medicine
- Cardiac Rehabilitation Behavioral Medicine