Find a Doctor Disclaimer
“Find a Doctor” is operated by Lifespan and includes all physicians who are on the medical staffs of Lifespan-affiliated hospitals, without any charge to them. Selection is based upon your needs and preferences. Search results will first present, in alphabetical order, physicians employed or contracted with Lifespan or its affiliates, followed by an alphabetical listing of physicians who are in Lifespan’s network of affiliated providers. At the end of that initial list, you can access an alphabetical listing of community physicians with privileges at Lifespan hospitals. All physicians in Find a Doctor have the opportunity to have a picture or video posted on the site. Neither the order of physicians, nor the presence or absence of a photo or video, in Find a Doctor is intended to reflect any preference, priority, or recommendation by Lifespan. Find a Doctor search results are also not based on the volume or value of referrals to Lifespan or its affiliates from any listed physician. Users are free to select their physician of choice from among all Lifespan-affiliated medical staff physicians.
Megan M. Pinkston-Camp, PhD
Psychologist, Clinical Behavioral Medicine Service of the Immunology Center at The Miriam Hospital
Megan Pinkston-Camp, MA, PhD, received a master’s degree in health psychology from Appalachian State University and a PhD in clinical health psychology from the University of Missouri, and also completed a postdoctoral fellowship in HIV and substance use at the Alpert Medical School.
She pursues research and clinical work in the clinical behavioral medicine service of the immunology clinic of The Miriam Hospital. She provides evidence-based therapy to HIV-infected patients who struggle with mental illness, substance use, and behavioral medicine concerns. Her research interests include the exploration and development of effective interventions for the syndemics that surround substance use, HIV infection/HCV co-infection, mental illness, and behavioral medicine concerns.
- Post Graduate: University of Missouri at Kansas City School of Medicine
- Internship: VA Maryland Health Care System/University of Maryland School of Medicine Psychology Internship Consortium
- Fellowship: The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University, Division of Infectious Diseases, NIH/NIDA T32 Training Program: HIV and Other Infectious Consequences of Substance Abuse
Areas of Expertise
- Behavioral Medicine/clinical Health Psychology
- Behavioral Medicine Interventions In Patients Living With Hiv And/or Hepatitis C And/or Co-existing Depression And Anxiety
- Substance Abuse
- Treatment Adherence