- Lifespan Board of Directors
- Our Mission
- Lifespan Careers
- Lifespan Executive Leadership
- Lifespan and The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University
- Lifespan Facts & Statistics
- Lifespan Reports
- Research at Lifespan
- Lifespan Community Affairs
- Giving at Lifespan
- Lifespan Purchasing
- Media Inquiries
- Lifespan Health Alliance ACO
Volunteer Opportunities at Rhode Island Hospital
Please note: The volunteer program for Rhode Island Hospital and Hasbro Children's hospital is fully staffed at this time. Updates will be posted here in spring 2021. Please call 401-444-5530 with any questions.
Each year, about 700 people volunteer at Rhode Island Hospital and Hasbro Children's Hospital.
Volunteers must be 14 years old or older, commit to at least 100 hours of total service (50 hours for high school students), be willing to help others and have an interest in the health care community.
Volunteer Services at Rhode Island Hospital offers volunteer positions for both teens and adults.
The following positions/areas are sometimes available for adult volunteers:
- Art Activities
- Canine Visitation
- Emergency Room
- Gift Shop
- Music Activities
- Office Support
- Patient Services
- Patient Visitors
- Recovery Room
All volunteers at Rhode Island Hospital must:
- Attend a one-hour volunteer information session
- Submit a complete application and obtain two references
- Interview with volunteer services staff
- Provide an updated immunization record
- Submit to two tuberculosis tests
- Complete an orientation about hospital policies and procedures
- Commit to a minimum of two to four hours each week for at least 100 hours (50 hours for high school students)
- If under the age of 18, submit a signed permission slip
- Adhere to uniform and dress code policy
- Provide a $12 uniform payment
- Complete a criminal background investigation authorization form (provided by Lifespan Volunteer Services).