Car Seat Check Appointments
The Seats 4 Safety Program provides education about car seat safety and car/booster seat inspections. Certified child passenger safety technicians from the Injury Prevention Center teach parents how to properly install car seats in their vehicles at our location in Providence, RI.
Other Car Seat Check Locations
In addition to the Injury Prevention Center's office in Providence, parents can choose from the following other locations to have car seats checked by certified technicians:
- Check our calendar for car seat check events
- Rhode Island car seat check locations
- Massachusetts car seat check locations
Seat 4 Safety Appointment Information
What to expect at your appointment with the Seats 4 Safety Program:
- Expect your appointment to last approximately 30 minutes per car seat.
- This is a learning experience – be prepared to assist with the installation and learn how to properly use and install your child’s car seat yourself!
- Come with questions! We are happy to answer them.
What to bring to your appointment:
- The vehicle you will be using to transport your child. (Please try to clean your vehicle prior to your appointment.)
- Proof of financial assistance (If receiving seat from Assistance Program).
- The owner’s manual for your vehicle.
- The car seat(s) you are currently using and the car seat(s) owner’s manual(s).
- Your child/children if possible.
Please keep in mind it is very important that you arrive on time for your appointment. Arriving more than 15 minutes after your scheduled appointment may result in forfeiting your appointment time.