Adult Partial Hospital Programs
All referred patients should expect a call and email from our program. Following is the criteria for admitting a patient to the Partial Hospital Program at Rhode Island Hospital:
- A referred patient must be experiencing significant impairment in multiple areas of daily life.
- The patient must present with acute symptoms of psychiatric illness that are expected to improve with short-term psychotherapy and/or pharmacologic intervention.
- Although a patient may experience suicidal or homicidal ideation, they must not be in imminent risk of acting on these dangerous thoughts.
- The patient must be willing and able to participate in group therapy.
- Patients must be willing and able to participate from a private location in order to protect the privacy of others in the program.
- Patients must be physically located in Massachusetts or Rhode Island.
To make a referral to the Partial Hospital Program at Rhode Island Hospital, please call 401-444-3748.
Fax the referral form to 401-444-8836.