- Breast Cancer Symptoms, Conditions, Causes and Risk Factors
- Our Breast Cancer Care Team
- Breast Cancer Treatment
- Breast Cancer Research
- Are You at Risk for Breast Cancer?
- How to Perform a Breast Self-Exam
- A Healthy Way to Eat
- Information for Referring Physicians
- Patient Stories
- Panel Discussion Registration
Are You at Risk for Breast Cancer?
Breast cancer is the second leading type of cancer in women, behind skin cancer. Thanks to earlier detection, the death rates from breast cancer are declining. Early detection through regular screening is an important step to finding breast cancer while it’s small and easier to treat.
It’s important to know if you are at a higher risk of being diagnosed with breast cancer, based on genetics or lifestyle. While the best way to stay informed is by speaking to your doctor, the quiz below provides some basic facts about breast cancer.
The Breast Cancer Multidisciplinary Clinic of the Lifespan Cancer Institute at Rhode Island Hospital, The Miriam Hospital and Newport Hospital offers patients the highest level of expertise in breast cancer diagnosis, treatment and support.