Breast Cancer Multidisciplinary Clinic
- About: Symptoms, Conditions, Causes and Risk Factors
- Our Care Team
- Diagnostic and Treatment Options
- Promoting Well-Being During and After Treatment
- Reducing Your Risk for Breast Cancer
- Online Breast Cancer Risk Assessment
- Preventive Care
- How to Perform a Breast Self Exam
- Information for Referring Physicians
Make an Appointment
To schedule an appointment with the Lifespan Cancer Institute, please call 1-844-222-2881.
The Breast Cancer Multidisciplinary Clinic of the Lifespan Cancer Institute at Rhode Island Hospital, The Miriam Hospital and Newport Hospital offers patients the highest level of expertise in breast cancer diagnosis, treatment and support, resulting in:
- Early detection of breast cancer
- Treatments that allow many women to continue their usual activities
- Prompt attention to symptoms caused either by the disease or side effects of treatment
- Integrated facilities that offer patients convenient and prompt care from initial visit through treatment and recovery
Our multidisciplinary teams include many dedicated specialists—surgical oncologists, medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, nurses, nurse practitioners, nurse navigators, psychiatrists, social workers, pathologists, pharmacists, rehabilitation therapists, nutritionists, and experts in genetics, cancer research and survivorship. Every week, physicians involved in a patient’s care meet in a tumor board to discuss the unique circumstances of the patient’s condition and treatment to provide an appropriate treatment plan.
The breast centers at Rhode Island and The Miriam hospitals are two of the first centers in New England to be accredited by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC).
As faculty members of The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University, our physicians are actively engaged in research to develop new and ever more effective treatments for breast cancer.