Make an Appointment
To learn more about our services or to schedule an appointment, please call 401-444-3777 for Providence appointments, or 401-845-1190 for Newport appointments.
The Comprehensive Spine Center offers state-of-the-art, multidisciplinary, and integrated evaluation, medical and surgical treatment, and rehabilitation of patients with a whole spectrum of spinal disorders using the most advanced technology available.
Highly specialized physicians provide services ranging from exercise programs, minimally invasive injections and interventions including:
- Disc replacement
- Intrathecal pumps
- Dynamic stabilization
- Spinal cord stimulators
- Radical tumor resection and reconstruction
- Spinal reconstruction for traumatic spine injuries
- Highly complex spinal deformity correction with osteotomies
- Per cutaneous or open spinal instrumentation and fusion for back and neck pain
Advanced Technology and Treatment
The center has the most advanced diagnostic and therapeutic equipment and treatment options, including:
- Gamma knife
- Intraoperative CT scanner with image guided navigation
- Intraoperative neurophysiological monitoring capability
- Minimally invasive surgery
- Multi-planar angiography
- Stereotactic radiosurgery
- Trilogy IMRT
What to Expect
When you entrust your spine care to the specialists at the Comprehensive Spine Center, you can expect:
- Comprehensive Spine Care: We offer spine-specific physical evaluations, interventional procedures, minimally invasive and complex spine surgeries, physical and occupational therapy and more—making our program the only comprehensive, multidisciplinary program in the region. Our skilled clinicians take a patient-centered, collaborative approach, working closely with colleagues in neurosurgery, neurology, orthopedics, pain medicine, interventional radiology as well as physical and occupational therapists and other specialty-trained providers to ensure continuity of care.
- Cutting-Edge Spine Care: As part of the region’s largest hospital system, affiliated with The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University, our center gives patients access to the most advanced technology, including state-of-the-art imaging equipment and tools for minimally invasive procedures. Our two locations put this sophisticated array of services within easy reach of patients across the state.
- Convenience for our Patients: All of our outpatient services are accessible in our convenient, newly renovated locations on the Rhode Island and Newport hospital campuses. Our systematic approach begins from the moment a patient walks through our doors, with every member of our multidisciplinary team working toward the goal of long-term pain management and improvement in each patient’s function and quality of life.
Learn more about other state-of-the-art clinical neurosurgery services offered by Lifespan.