- Coronavirus Information for Lifespan Patients Scheduled for an Appointment, Test or Procedure
- Information for Hospital Visitors
- Lifespan COVID-19 Vaccination Program
- COVID-19 Resources for Parents and Caregivers
- Community Help with Lifespan's COVID-19 Response
- Alternative Hospital Site at the Rhode Island Convention Center
- Coronavirus COVID-19 Information for Providers
Coronavirus Information for Lifespan Patients Scheduled for an Appointment, Test or Procedure
If someone is required for your care they will be allowed to accompany you at the discretion of the office. Other visitors will not be allowed in the ambulatory practices, including the waiting rooms or common areas. We encourage patients to avoid bringing children to our practices unless the child is the patient.
Food and Beverages
Some offices do not allow food and open beverages in the practice for either the patient or person accompanying the patient unless necessary for a medical condition or test prep, as this requires removal of the person’s mask to consume.
With guidance from the Rhode Island Department of Health and the Centers for Disease Control, Lifespan is taking steps to make sure our facilities remain a safe place for everyone and to reduce the risk of exposure to COVID-19.
Anyone experiencing a fever or respiratory symptoms should NOT come unannounced to a doctor's office. We ask that you contact your primary care provider. You will be counseled on whether, when and where to be evaluated.
Please call your provider’s office before coming in for your appointment if any of the following applies to you:
- You have a fever, cold, cough, sore throat, or difficulty breathing, or GI symptoms (nausea or diarrhea)
- You have chills, headache, or muscle pain
- You have a loss of smell, reduced ability to smell or detect odors, or a reduced or distorted sense of taste
- You tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 5 days
- You have had contact in the last 14 days with a person who tested positive for the Covid-19 virus, is currently being tested, or has been placed on home quarantine by the Rhode Island Department of Health
For your safety and the safety of others, all patients will be asked questions about the above. Thank you for answering these questions accurately so we can ensure that you receive care at the appropriate time and setting.
We are following the most up-to-date safety and infection control recommendations set forth by the Rhode Island Department of Health and the US Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
All patients are required to wear a face mask and use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer upon entering any Lifespan facility.
Check In Before You Arrive
Visit your health care provider from the comfort of your own home by phone or video.
Request a Telehealth Appointment
We are asking our patients not to postpone their medical care. Many providers continue to offer telemedicine visits. These visits are private and secure. Please contact your office to ask if a Lifespan Telehealth appointment is appropriate for your clinical needs.