Our diabetes clinical services include:
- Diabetes screening, patient information and support groups
- Consultations for newly diagnosed patients and patients with complicated cases
- Comprehensive checkups with our multidisciplinary team
- Screening, prevention and treatment for complications
- Coordination of nutrition and weight management plans
- On-site lab for rapid blood glucose and hemoglobin A1c testing
- Medication management, including oral agents and insulin
- Insulin initiation and insulin pump management
- Home blood-glucose monitoring instruction
Coordinated Care of Diabetes Complications
We offer full-service treatment for diabetes complications, including:
- Foot problems
- High blood pressure
- Kidney damage (nephropathy)
- Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar)
- High cholesterol and lipid management
In addition to diabetes treatment, other services, such as nephrology, podiatry and weight management, are available. We also offer certified diabetic outpatient education in both individual and group settings.
Make an Appointment
Appointments are available Monday through Friday. To make an appointment with a physician, please call 401-444-8344.
We offer patient and family diabetes education programs, which are accredited by the Rhode Island Department of Health. Individual and group programs are available, as well as a personalized one-on-one program with our nurse educator, dietitian and pharmacist.
All classes are taught by the diabetic outpatient education team, which includes a registered nurse, dietitian and pharmacist. Late afternoon and evening sessions are available and each session meets once a week for six weeks. A new, day-long "Jump-Start Your Diabetes" option is also available. With a physician's order, diabetes education is covered by insurance.
Please call us at 401-444-8222 for a schedule of our programs.