Hemostasis and Thrombosis Center
Hemostasis and Thrombosis Resources for Community Health Care Professionals
The Hemostasis and Thrombosis Center (HTC) at Rhode Island Hospital offers a variety of resources and educational materials for school nurses. Please call 401-444-8250 for more information.
- Commonly used bleeding disorder medications:
- Treating Nosebleeds
- Online Modules on Bleeding Disorders for CNEs (HTC Instruction for School Nurses)
Primary Care and Specialist Providers
- Guidelines for Evaluation of Possible Bleeding Disorders (PDF)
- Diagnosis and Management of Von Willebrand Disease: Guidelines for Primary Care (PDF)
- Diagnosis, Evaluation, and Management of von Willebrand Disease (PDF)
Dentists and Surgeons
If you have a patient with a diagnosed bleeding disorder who is scheduled for a dental or surgical procedure, please call our office at 401-444-8250 or email RIHTC@Lifespan.org prior to scheduling the appointment so we can provide a clearance and recommended treatment.