- Benefits of Inpatient Rehabilitation
- Conditions We Treat
- The Vanderbilt Rehabilitation Team
- Frequently Asked Questions about Inpatient Rehabilitation Services
- Patient Success Stories at the Vanderbilt Rehabilitation Center
- Take a Video Tour
- Rights and Responsibilities of Inpatient Rehabilitation Patients
- Vanderbilt Rehabilitation Center Inpatient Rehabilitation Report Card
Patient Success Stories at the Vanderbilt Rehabilitation Center
The Vanderbilt Rehabilitation Center has been providing comprehensive rehabilitation services to patients for decades and is known throughout the region for its unique programs, excellent outcomes and patient-centered care.
Here are a few of their stories:
- The road to recovery takes an unexpected turn
Natalie Schieldrop was studying to be a nurse, when she became a patient at Vanderbilt Rehabilitation. “I cannot sing their praises enough. I felt like the only patient there. I didn’t ever feel like a burden.”
- Physical therapy helped this surfer get back on the board
Sid Abbruzzi knew what he wanted. “I’ve been to other rehab centers and they were like production companies – just moving people in and out. At Vanderbilt, they know how to treat people."
- His donated pictures are worth a thousand words -- of thanks
He had his choice of rehabilitation facilities. Architect George Burma knew what he wanted. "I told them I wanted to come here (Vanderbilt Rehabilitation Center). I knew they would get me on my feet again."