- Types of Cancer
- Find a Physician by Specialty
- Schedule an Appointment at the Lifespan Cancer Institute
- Cancer Treatment Information
- Your Care Team
- Support and Rehabilitation
- Living With and After Cancer
- Awards and Certifications
- Patient and Family Advisory Council
- Patient Stories
- Lifespan Cancer Institute and Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
- Cancer Program Annual Reports
- Cancer Data Registry
- Cancer Symptoms Not to Ignore
- The Lifespan Cancer Institute In the News
- Giving to the Lifespan Cancer Institute
Patient and Family Advisory Council
The Patient and Family Advisory Council is dedicated to ensuring the voices of patients and families are represented in an effort to enhance their entire experience at the Lifespan Cancer Institute.
Everything we do at the Lifespan Cancer Institute is centered on those who trust us with their care and come to us with their needs. We listen to them, we hear what they are saying, we view the care that is delivered through their eyes, and we connect with them on the level of personal experience- this is how we serve our patients and their families.
The central belief of the Patient and Family Advisory Council is that the voices of the patient and family are the most informed voices on the care team. As the Lifespan Cancer Institute incorporates the patient and family care experience into its planning and operations, the Patient and Family Advisory Council serves as an important vehicle for this collaborative care.
What is the Patient and Family Advisory Council?
The Patient and Family Advisory Council (PFAC) is a group of patients, family members and staff who are committed to enhancing the patients’ experience at the Lifespan Cancer Institute.
What is the purpose of the PFAC?
The purpose of the PFAC is to work in partnership with health care providers to:
- Strengthen communication and collaboration among patients, families, caregivers and staff.
- Promote patient and family advocacy and involvement in health care.
- Promote and participate in oncology programs, services, and policies.
- Improve patient satisfaction by transforming hospital culture towards patient- and family-centered care.
How do all patients and their families benefit from the PFAC?
All benefit in the following ways:
- Gain a better understanding of the health care system.
- Understand how to become an active participant in patients’ and their family members’ health care.
- All are listened to, and all opinions are valued and appreciated.
- Work together to deliver the highest quality care for patients.
How can you contact us?
The PFAC encourages feedback and engagement from all patients and families. Please click on one of the following links for contact information: