The Lifespan Cancer Institute's Patient and Family Advisory Council at The Miriam Hospital
How Is the Patient and Family Advisory Council (PFAC) Organized?
The PFAC at The Miriam Hospital is composed of a council made up of 6 to 8 patients/family members and 2 to 3 staff members from the participating institution.
How Do I Join the PFAC?
Candidates should be patients, former patients or caregivers for patients at the Lifespan Cancer Institute at The Miriam Hospital. Individuals interested in becoming council members must complete a membership application form, interview with the council and sign a Lifespan confidentiality statement. The term requires a two-year minimum commitment and a maximum term of four years. Meetings are held monthly.
PFAC members will commit to:
- Work as a team
- Share experiences
- Provide honest feedback
- Respect the perspective of others
- Work on program development projects
- Work to enhance the patient and family experience
Do you have comments or concerns about your care at the Lifespan Cancer Institute at The Miriam Hospital? We want to hear from you. Please use the link below to contact us.
Be sure to include:
- Your name
- Email address
- Phone number
- Hospital or location you visited
What Happens to My Email?
Any message about your experience in the hospital is forwarded directly to the Patient and Family Advisory Council at The Miriam Hospital’s Lifespan Cancer Institute and the hospital leadership team, which includes the hospital president, chief medical officer and chief nursing officer. A patient advocate may contact you directly for follow up. Billing questions are forwarded to Lifespan's director of patient financial services.
The PFAC encourages feedback from all.
All suggestions are welcome and your name will be kept confidential.
- WomanCare January 2024 Screening Event
- Types of Cancer
- Find a Physician by Specialty
- Schedule an Appointment at the Lifespan Cancer Institute
- Clinical and Research Excellence
- Treatments and Specialists
- Living With and After Cancer
- Patient and Family Advisory Council
- Lifespan Cancer Institute and Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
- The Lifespan Cancer Institute In the News
- Patient Stories
- Giving to the Lifespan Cancer Institute