- Types of Cancer
- Find a Physician by Specialty
- Schedule an Appointment at the Lifespan Cancer Institute
- Cancer Treatment Information
- Your Care Team
- Support and Rehabilitation
- Survivorship Program
- Awards and Certifications
- Patient and Family Advisory Council
- Patient Stories
- Lifespan Cancer Institute and Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
- Cancer Program Annual Reports
- Cancer Data Registry
- Cancer Symptoms Not to Ignore
- The Lifespan Cancer Institute In the News
- Giving to the Lifespan Cancer Institute
Nutrition Services at the Lifespan Cancer Institute
If you have been diagnosed with cancer, you want to be aware of every option that can aid your recovery. Cancer treatment is a comprehensive practice and the expertise of a registered dietitian can be an important part of your overall care. Proper nutrition has been proven to be a significant factor in successful cancer treatment.
At the Lifespan Cancer Institute, registered dietitians can help you identify and meet your nutritional needs during treatment and after treatment, so that you receive the best and most complete care.
All registered dietitians are health care professionals who have an extensive background in food, nutrition, biochemistry and physiology. Patients at the Lifespan Cancer Institute can be assured that the registered dietitians who work with them have a particular expertise in nutrition for people undergoing cancer treatment. In fact, the dietitians at the Lifespan Cancer Institute at Rhode Island Hospital are the first in Rhode Island to become board certified in oncology nutrition.
If you are undergoing treatment at the Lifespan Cancer Institute, you may automatically be referred to a dietitian. If you do not receive a referral, ask your physician if you might benefit from nutrition services.
More Information about Nutrition Services at the Lifespan Cancer Institute
For more information, please call 1-844-222-2881.