Treatments Offered at the Lifespan Recovery Center
The Lifespan Recovery Center provides a combination of behavioral therapy and medications to help our patients recover from substance use and reduce the risk of relapse.
Individualized recovery plans may include::
- Prescribing Suboxone or Vivitrol for patients with an opiate use disorder
- Prescribing medications for patients with an alcohol use disorder
- Prescribing medications and utilizing therapy to treat co-occurring psychiatric conditions
- Individual and group therapy, either in-person or via telehealth
- Case management/care coordination
- Peer support
Patients: For information or to begin treatment, please call 401-606-8530.
Providers: For information or to make a referral, please call 401-606-8530. For patient referrals, please complete the referral form and fax it to 401-606-8549.
Hours of Operation
Monday to Friday: 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
More on How We Treat Opiate Use Disorders
The medications we commonly prescribe to help our patients recover from substance use disorder are Suboxone (combined buprenorphine and naloxone) and naltrexone (Vivitrol).
Suboxone is a prescription medication that combines buprenorphine and naloxone. This combination suppresses withdrawal symptoms and decreases cravings. It is given as a tablet or a dissolvable strip of film placed under the tongue.
Naltrexone (Vivitrol) is a prescription medication that blocks opioid molecules from attaching to opioid receptors in the brain, helping patients to prevent relapse to opioid use. It also is used as part of treatment for alcohol dependence. It is administered monthly and can be prescribed only for patients who have achieved full detoxification. Naltrexone (Vivitrol) is nonaddictive.
We tailor treatment to meet each patient’s particular needs, drawing from a range of treatments to address substance use accompanied by other common mental health conditions such as PTSD, anxiety, or depression.
These are the therapies we use:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy
- Relapse prevention
- Motivational interviewing
- Dialectical behavioral therapy
- Acceptance and commitment therapy/mindfulness-based interventions
Melissa Carbone, LCDP, practice manager for the Lifespan Recovery Center, addresses common myths and misunderstandings related to opioid addiction and treatment.