Substance Use Disorders Treatment at Rhode Island Hospital
The substance use disorders treatment services at Rhode Island Hospital provide consultations and outpatient care for the comprehensive treatment of individuals who present with substance use disorders or dual-diagnosis conditions.
The program at Rhode Island Hospital is headed by an addiction specialist and a staff psychiatrist. We accept referrals from inpatient and outpatient resources and our program focuses on providing assessment, medication management and counseling for substance use disorders.
Our outpatient program combines professional care and self-help approaches, including:
- family participation
- relapse prevention
- health promotion
- individualized treatment plans
- combination of individual, group and family therapy
Inpatient consultations are provided by master's level clinical social workers who are licensed as chemical dependency professionals.
To request an inpatient substance use disorders consult at Rhode Island Hospital, please call 401-444-5480.
Substance Use Disorders Treatment at Gateway Healthcare
Gateway Healthcare's substance use disorders treatment services include treatment for substance use disorders and co-occurring mental health disorders. We provide:
- outpatient treatment
- residential treatment
- transitional housing
- individual and group counseling
- case management
- psychiatric evaluations
- linkages to primary health care
Eastman House is a licensed residential treatment facility dedicated to providing treatment specific to the needs of women with substance use disorders and co-occurring mental health problems. Treatment will vary based on the individual needs of each client. Groups include:
- Group Therapy
- Relapse Prevention
- Psycho Education
- Women's Assertiveness Issues
- Co-occurring Disorders
- Peer Led Groups
- Trauma Issues
Pawtucket Addictions Counseling Services offers outpatient services:
- substance use disorders education
- crisis intervention and assessment
- individual, family and group counseling
Transitional housing is available. Gateway currently has three transitional housing programs:
- A New Dawn is a recovery home for men to establish a safe living environment for men who have the desire to remain drug free.
- Andrea's Hope is a recovery home for women with children, a place to maintain long-term recovery. Residents must be substance free, have completed some form of treatment and be committed to their recovery. Andrea's Hope has four apartments and is limited to a two-year length of stay.
- Norfork House is a transitional recovery home for women without children. Residents must be substance free, have completed some form of treatment or re-entering the community from prison, and be committed to their recovery. The length of stay is limited to two years.
Adolescent Substance Use Disorders Treatment
Lifespan offers specialized child and adolescent intensive treatment services to youths age 12 to 17 with substance use disorders and behavioral health issues.
This program is designed to work with the youth and their family within the adolescent’s social environment (school, community, home, etc.).
We provide an array of clinically-oriented, community-based services and supports for the multiple, complex needs of adolescents and their families.
We provide evidence-based treatment, implementing Motivational Enhancement Therapy/Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (MET/CBT) for adolescent substance users and their families. The MET/CBT extends the focus of treatment beyond the adolescent by engaging the whole family.
Our team is multidisciplinary and includes psychiatrists, licensed mental health counselors, social workers, substance use professionals, master’s level clinical staff, and case managers.
- Intensive clinical community, home and office-based services
- Family support services
- Substance use disorders and behavioral health education and treatment
- Parent education and therapy
- Referrals and consultations as indicated