Hasbro Children's Hospital Awards and Recognition
In 2014, Hasbro Children’s Hospital, the pediatric division of Rhode Island Hospital, was verified as a Level 1 Pediatric Trauma Center by the American College of Surgeons. Rhode Island Hospital was reverified as a Level 1 Trauma Center for adult care in the same year.
- In 2017, the Medicine Pediatrics Primary Care Center and the Hasbro Children's Hospital Pediatric Primary Care Clinic achieved recognition status as a Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH).
- Hasbro Children's Hospital's Pediatric Intensive Care Unit earned a second Silver Beacon Award from American Association of Critical Care Nurses in 2017.
- Hasbro Children’s Hospital earned a 2013 accreditation in echocardiography, pediatric transthoracic, by the Intersocietal Accreditation Commission.
- Hasbro Children’s Hospital’s Pediatric Sleep Program was accredited in 2012 by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine for five years. The program is one of only two accredited pediatric sleep centers in the region.
- The hospital’s diabetes education program was recertified in 2012 and is one of only a few programs in New England that educated patients and families with new-onset diabetes in the outpatient setting.