Hasbro Children's Hospital
When your child is hurting, rely on our expert providers for leading-edge care.
Hasbro Children's Hospital
- About Hasbro Children's Hospital
- Information for Visitors
Patient & Family Centered Care
- Family Advisory Council
- Welcome to Hasbro Children’s Hospital
- Principles and Philosophies
- Your Child's Stay
- The GetWellNetwork
- Meet the Health Care Team
- Hospital Telephone Directory
- Dining Options and Meals
- Accommodations for Families
- Ronald McDonald House of Providence
- Special Services
- Patient Safety Tips
- Ethics and Patient Rights
- Going Home: What to Expect
- Our Centers and Services
- Good Night Lights
Giving to Hasbro Children's Hospital
- Ways to Give
- Foundation Boards
- Development Team
- Philanthropy & Grant News
- Signature Events
- Corporate Engagement
- Giving Society: Heroes for Hasbro
- Honor Roll of Supporters
- Planned Giving
- Gratitude Stories
- Profiles in Giving
- Publications & Videos
Hasbro Children's Hospital Awards and Recognition
Clinical Excellence in Pediatric Trauma Care
In 2014, Hasbro Children’s Hospital, the pediatric division of Rhode Island Hospital, was verified as an independent Level 1 Pediatric Trauma Center by the American College of Surgeons. Hasbro Children’s Hospital had been verified as part of the combined adult and pediatric Level 1 Trauma Center at Rhode Island Hospital since 1995 and has been continuously verified as a Level 1 Trauma Center since that time. The Pediatric Burn Center at Hasbro Children's Hospital was verified as a center by The American Burn Association in 2009.
- In 2022, the Pediatric Trauma Center at Hasbro Children’s Hospital was reverified as a Level 1 Trauma Center by the American College of Surgeons (ACS) and the Pediatric Burn Center at Hasbro Children’s was reverified as a center by the American Burn Association (ABA).
- In 2017, the Medicine Pediatrics Primary Care Center and the Hasbro Children's Hospital Pediatric Primary Care Clinic achieved recognition status as a Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH).
- Hasbro Children's Hospital's Pediatric Intensive Care Unit earned a third Silver Beacon Award from American Association of Critical Care Nurses in 2020.
- Hasbro Children’s Hospital earned a 2013 accreditation in echocardiography, pediatric transthoracic, by the Intersocietal Accreditation Commission.
- Hasbro Children’s Hospital’s Pediatric Sleep Program was accredited in 2012 by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine for five years. The program is one of only two accredited pediatric sleep centers in the region.
- The hospital’s diabetes education program was recertified in 2012 and is one of only a few programs in New England that educated patients and families with new-onset diabetes in the outpatient setting.