Adult Gender and Sexuality Behavioral Health Program
We know that you want to feel confident that you are entering a safe environment when you come to Lifespan Physician Group offices for care. That’s why we have made some changes in response to COVID-19.
If you have an appointment scheduled, please review this information before coming to visit us.
A Safe, Affirming, and Respectful Environment
The Adult Gender and Sexuality Behavioral Health Program is unique because it focuses specifically on the behavioral health needs of adult transgender and nonbinary individuals, and is led by a psychiatrist with a background in providing hormonal, medical, and psychiatric care to transgender patients across their lifespan. The program is well positioned to collaborate with hormonal prescribers in order to provide comprehensive care.
The program offers psychosocial support, behavioral health, and wellness services for anyone over 18 years of age who wishes to explore issues associated with their gender identity. The goal of this innovative program is to provide care in a safe, affirming, and respectful environment that welcomes gender exploration across the spectrum, including nonbinary identities. The program follows the standards set forth in the World Professional Association for Transgender Health (WPATH) Standard of Care.
The program follows the standards set forth in the World Professional Association for Transgender Health (WPATH) Standard of Care.
- New patient gender specialty consults
- Support in gender exploration across the spectrum
- Consultation regarding options for transition, assistance with navigating issues related to transition, and exploration of goals for the social and/or physical transition journey
- Support with referrals to Lifespan and community providers to access appropriate medications and feminizing and masculinizing hormones
- Individual therapy
- Couples therapy
- Family therapy
- Consultation, psychoeducation, and support for parents of gender-variant children
- Psychological and psychiatric evaluations and treatment for individuals struggling with comorbid depression, anxiety, and other mental health concerns
- A comprehensive mental health assessment by a psychiatrist for anyone seeking gender-affirming surgery, along with letters of support
- Culturally competent gender training for clinical sites and departments
Adult Gender and Sexuality Behavioral Health Program Locations
Outpatient Psychiatry and Behavioral Health, East Providence, RI
950 Warren Avenue, Suite 104
East Providence, RI 02914