Early Childhood Outpatient Program
The Early Childhood Outpatient Program offers counseling services for young children (5 years and under), and their families. Parents and caregivers often find it helpful to consult with a professional to answer questions and ease concerns about their child, or to engage in services to support their family.
We create individualized care plans for each child and family, and offer family therapy, parenting support and coaching, and individual child counseling as necessary.
Common concerns of parents and caregivers seeking our services are:
- Is my child’s development progressing as it should be?
- How can I help my child to better manage his/her behavior?
- Is my child’s attention and activity level appropriate for his/her age?
- How can I help my child (and family) adjust to stressful life events or family transitions?
- How can I help my child better adjust to child care or school?
- How can I help my child cope with a recent traumatic event?
Rebecca Silver, PhD, discusses the early childhood outpatient program designed to help parents and caregivers with a variety of issues that may affect children under five years old.
Coro West Building
1 Hoppin Street, Suite 204
Providence, RI 02903
We are in the Bradley/Hasbro Children's Research Center, suite 204. Follow the blue signs.
The Bradley Hospital Early Childhood Outpatient Program staff has specialized training in the assessment and treatment of young children and families. We strive to help families better understand their child’s development as well as plan for intervention, if necessary.
- Christine Low, PhD
- Rebecca Newland, PhD
- Rebecca Silver, PhD
- Stephanie Shepard Umaschi, PhD
The Early Childhood Outpatient Program is offered through the Bradley/Hasbro Children's Research Center and Bradley Hospital's Outpatient Department. We are devoted to the study and treatment of young children and their families who may be at risk for serious behavioral health concerns. Learn more about Bradley Hospital's Outpatient Department.