Electrophysiology and Heart Rhythm Disturbances
In The News
WJAR Ch. 10: World’s smallest pacemaker implanted by LCVI team.
Refer a Patient
For more information or to refer a patient, please call 1-855-332-8474.
Electrophysiology and Arrhythmia Services
The Lifespan Cardiovascular Institute (LCVI) is the most experienced and comprehensive center for arrhythmia services in Rhode Island, and one of the busiest centers in New England.
Our electrophysiology service provides advanced consultation and therapies that span the spectrum of heart rhythm disorders. Our experienced team of board-certified electrophysiologists, pacemaker and defibrillator implant physicians, nurses and advanced electrophysiology fellows work together with your physician to ensure the best, most complete care in an evidence-based and patient-centered approach. All of our heart rhythm physicians are also faculty of The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University.
Treatments We Offer
- Implantable devices to control heart rhythm, such as pacemakers and defibrillators, and cardiac resynchronization therapy for heart failure
- Radiofrequency catheter ablation for atrial fibrillation, supraventricular tachycardia, and ventricular tachycardia
- Novel cryoballoon technology and advanced hybrid ablation for atrial fibrillation
- Lead extractions performed using laser technology to remove damaged or infected leads
- Noninvasive electrophysiology procedures such as cardioversions and tilt table testing