For Appointments or Referrals
For more information or to refer a patient, please call 1-855-332-8474.
Cardiac Care and COVID-19: Safety is our top priority.
We want to assure you that the we are here for you. While the coronavirus has changed much of our daily lives, one thing that has remained constant is our commitment to providing you with the best, safest care possible.
Here at the Lifespan Cardiovascular Institute, your safety is our top priority. As experts in cardiovascular disease, we also know completing a treatment plan is associated with the best outcomes for patients. That is why we worked closely with our infection prevention and infectious diseases teams to be able to provide the care you need in a safe environment.
Diagnosing Disease at the Earliest Stage Possible
The most advanced diagnostic technology is the backbone of successful cardiovascular treatment, enabling the diagnosis of disease at an early stage. The state-of-the-art cardiovascular diagnostic technology at the Lifespan Cardiovascular Institute includes the following.
Learn about our types of diagnostic technology
- Holter monitor to continuously record cardiac rhythm for up to 96 hours
- Cardiac event monitoring for up to 30 days
- Mobile Cardiac Telemetry (MCT) Monitor (continuous monitoring for up to 30 days)
- Implantable Loop Recorder (continuous monitoring for up to three years)
- Two-dimensional transthoracic echocardiogram
- Treadmill and pharmacologic stress echocardiogram
- Two- and three-dimensional transesophageal echocardiogram
- Exercise treadmill stress testing
- Cardiopulmonary metabolic stress testing
- Cardiac MRI
- Magnetic resonance angiogram (MRA)
- Coronary CT arteriography
- Coronary artery calcium (CAC) scoring
- Noninvasive Vascular Testing
- Carotid ultrasound
- Venous ultrasound
- Renal artery ultrasound
- Mesenteric artery ultrasound
- Abdominal aorta ultrasound
- Peripheral arterial exam
The following noninvasive vascular tests are now available at our 950 Warren Avenue location in East Providence, RI:
- Physiological testing (pulse volume recordings(PVR)/ankle-brachial Index)
- Arterial and venous exams
- Cerebrovascular/carotid exams
- Abdominal aorta, mesenteric, and renal artery exams
- Myocardial perfusion imaging stress test
- Cardiac blood pool scan (RVG)
- PET and PET/CT scans
- This first of its kind technology is only available at Newport Hospital
The Intersocietal Accreditation Commission (IAC) provides accreditation programs to ensure quality patient care in cardiac testing and imaging. The Lifespan Cardiovascular Institute received IAC accreditation at certain locations in the following areas:
Echocardiography: adult transthoracic, adult stress, and adult transesophageal
Nuclear/PET: myocardial perfusion imaging and general nuclear medicine
Vascular: Extracranial cerebrovascular testing, peripheral venous testing, and peripheral arterial testing
Pediatric Echocardiography: Fetal and pediatric transthoracic at Hasbro Children’s Hospital
All test results done at the Lifespan Cardiovascular Institute are available in LifeChart, Lifespan’s electronic health record system. To learn about LifeChart and how to securely access your medical information, please go to www.Lifespan.org/mylifespan.
Research and Clinical Trials at the Lifespan Cardiovascular Institute
Research is currently being conducted to learn more about cardiovascular disease and how it affects our patients. Search trials now »