Make an Appointment for Medical Imaging
Call 401-444-7770 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Diagnostic and Interventional Medical Imaging
A complete range of diagnostic and interventional procedures are available in general radiology and in subspecialty areas. Our diagnostic imaging equipment reflects the latest advances in imaging science, including radiation dose reduction capabilities.
Lifespan hospitals’ medical imaging service continually upgrades its equipment, which is state of the art, and designs our protocol to minimize patients’ exposure to radiation. Our board-certified radiologists read and interpret all images and report results to your physician.
With patients’ convenience in mind, appointments are available days, evenings, and weekends at multiple locations. Staff are also available for emergency procedures 24 hours a day, seven days a week
Types of Exams
- Bone Density - testing for osteopenia and osteoporosis screenings and diagnosis.
- Breast Imaging - A range of services for the diagnosis of breast disease, including digital mammography and tomosynthesis, a new type of digital mammogram that provides three-dimensional images. All locations are ACR/FDA certified, with Anne C. Pappas Center for Breast Imaging and Newport Hospital recognized as a Breast Imaging Centers of Excellence.
- CT Scan - general head and body imaging in addition to interventional procedures.
- General Radiology - routine and emergency fluoroscopic and diagnostic radiology for a range of disorders and diseases.
- MRI - Brain, spinal cord, cardiac, and head examinations.
- Nuclear Medicine - organ function studies with radiopharmaceuticals.
- Center for Pediatric Imaging and Sedation - routine and urgent radiographic, fluoroscopic, ultrasound, MRI and CT examination of pediatric patients.
- PET CT- detecting specific cancers, heart disease and neurological disorders.
- Ultrasound - diagnostic ultrasound examinations, including abdominal, pelvis, OB, ultrasound-guided biopsies and fluid aspirations.
- Vascular and Interventional Radiology - utilizing imaging guidance (fluoroscopy, CT, ultrasound) to perform minimally-invasive procedures, treating a wide variety of conditions such as stroke, cancer, arterial and venous disease, and uterine fibroids. Routine procedures such as PICCs, dialysis catheters, port insertions, and joint injections are frequently performed.
Medical Imaging Services:
Monday through Friday, 8:30 to 5 p.m.
Monday through Friday 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.