About Gamma Knife Treatment
Providing Hope to Patients and Their Families
Gamma knife technology is consistently regarded as the best noninvasive treatment for brain disorders. Benefits include:
- Targeted treatment of previously inaccessible areas
- High cure rate
- Delivery of maximum dose to target area
- Low risk of damage to nearby healthy tissue
- Low morbidity
- Painless treatment
- Return home the same day
- High patient satisfaction and quality of life
The Gamma Knife Center at Rhode Island Hospital offers the Leksell Gamma Knife Perfexion, the most advanced stereotactic radiosurgery technology available.
Gamma Knife Outcomes
- Tumors show an effective response in 85 to 98 percent of cases.
- In more than 80 percent of patients treated for AVMs, the AVMs disappear completely within two years.