Wound Care and Hyperbaric Medicine
Lifespan Wound Care Centers and Programs
Lifespan facilities offer the full spectrum of wound care services at locations throughout the state. Our goal is to heal chronic wounds as quickly and painlessly as possible, by focusing on the underlying cause of the wound and applying proven medical and surgical techniques that are focused on your recovery.
We provide wound care assessment and treatment for patients with acute and chronic wounds, venous ulcers and traumatic wounds.
We work directly with your doctor to provide wound care that accelerates and optimizes the wound healing process. Treatments offered include pulsatile lavage (a wound-cleaning procedure), non-surgical wound debridement and selective wound dressing application. Venous ulcers are treated using compression wraps that work to heal wounds and reduce swelling of the limb.
Our Wound Care Services
Our team of specialists offers individualized treatment for a broad range of chronic, non-healing and complex wounds, including:
- Diabetic, pressure, arterial and venous ulcers
- Ulcers caused by bone infection, other diseases or medication
- Chronic refractory osteomyelitis
- Trauma wounds and minor burns
- Non-healing surgical wounds
- Delayed complications from radiation
- Compromised grafts or flaps
- Any wound that has not healed in four weeks