- Celebrating 25 Years of Saving Lives
- Types of Breast Exams
- Preparing for Your Breast Imaging Exam
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Mammography Tech’s History of Caring Parallels Pappas Center’s
- Candy Company Lends a Hand to Sweet Initiative
- Anne C. Pappas Center for Breast Imaging Team
- Delivering Health with Care
Preparing for Your Breast Imaging Exam
IMPORTANT: Due to the rapidly changing coronavirus COVID-19 situation, please review this information before visiting any Lifespan facility or outpatient practice for an appointment or procedure. If needed, please call 401-444-7770 to reschedule your appointment.
Preparing for Your Exam
How should I prepare for a mammogram?
Do not wear deodorant or antiperspirant on the day of your mammogram because they may interfere with the mammographic images.
How should I prepare for an ultrasound guided breast biopsy?
If you are on a prescription blood thinning medication such as Coumadin or have a medical condition that requires you to take aspirin, please consult your physician prior to scheduling this exam.
Please leave any personal belongings (jewelry, tablet, etc.) at home when having an outpatient exam performed at any of our facilities to avoid misplacement.