- Celebrating 25 Years of Saving Lives
- Types of Breast Exams
- Preparing for Your Breast Imaging Exam
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Mammography Tech’s History of Caring Parallels Pappas Center’s
- Candy Company Lends a Hand to Sweet Initiative
- Anne C. Pappas Center for Breast Imaging Team
- Delivering Health with Care
Digital Breast Tomosynthesis (3-D Mammography)
The latest advancement in digital mammography, tomosynthesis, provides a three-dimensional (3-D) image of the breast. This technology allows the imaging specialist to obtain multiple images of the breasts and reconstruct them into “thin slices” rather than a single image. The 3-D image shows the inner structure of the breast, making it easier to see abnormalities and reducing the need for additional imaging.
The 3-D mammogram is performed with the breast positioned in the same way that one would receive a mammograph, so the experience is similar to that of a mammograph. It also only takes a few seconds to obtain an image.
Lifespan uses the latest 3-D technology available, which does not require any additional radiation compared to a standard (2-D) digital mammogram.
For more information about 3-D mammography, you can speak to one of our experts by calling 401-444-7770, or by emailing email@example.com.