- Celebrating 25 Years of Saving Lives
- Types of Breast Exams
- Preparing for Your Breast Imaging Exam
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Mammography Tech’s History of Caring Parallels Pappas Center’s
- Candy Company Lends a Hand to Sweet Initiative
- Anne C. Pappas Center for Breast Imaging Team
- Delivering Health with Care
Breast MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) is an advanced imaging technique used as a problem-solving tool and supplemental screening for high-risk women. The MRI screening is often recommended for women, in conjunction with a traditional mammography, who are carriers of the breast cancer gene (also known as BRCA). All breast MRIs performed at Lifespan are interpreted by specialized breast imaging radiologists.
For additional information about screening in women with dense breasts or women at high risk for breast cancer, we recommend reading more at http://www.breastdensity.info.
You can also learn more about breast MRI by speaking to one of our experts by calling 401-444-7770, or by emailing email@example.com.